Forums are back in action! ×

Been Lurking Around for Days

I found this site about a week ago when researching how to get fit. Over the course of the past year, I've tried many different workouts and not seen much success. This is mostly because they all want you to starve yourself in some way and I love food. I believe that it's one of the finer things in life. However, the last few days or so, I have been having a hard time staying awake for 6 hours at a time. Since I think sleep is a waste of valuable time, sleeping 18 hours a day is getting completely out of hand. Plus, I have a toddler that I want to keep up with. While browsing all the success stories, I stumbled across the most recent 6-week challenge thread [which ended today, Congratulations to all!]. I thought "hey! that sounds like fun!" and decided to sign up since there HAS to be another one starting soon!

My Goal: I would like to be able to do pull ups. I haven't been able to do even one in a long time and it disappoints me. It has gotten to the point where I try my best to avoid the pull up bar in the living room.

I have also always wanted to try lifting weights but everything I had read before told me that doing any serious weight lifting would cause me to "bulk-up". No, thanks. ><

Thanks to Spezzy, that is now on my agenda!

In general, I just want to be healthier to set a good example for my son. I eat unhealthily right now because I have been trying to follow nutrition guidelines which means eating a lot of grain and less red meat. I enjoy grain but a rare steak is definitely more appealing to me than a bowl of pasta.

The idea of leveling up is amazing! Having spent years cultivating a character and trying to reach max level, I can't wait to apply this concept to my life! If I can wake up feeling good every morning ,unlike this morning where I honestly feel groggy, I will be happy. Don't worry, I have plenty of other goals on my agenda once my fitness requirements are satisfied.

Welcome! Pull ups are also on my list of amazing-life-achievments. I have never actually done one, so I think it'll be a good day when I can (working on it). I am a big fan of lifting weights and when I used to do it regularily, I did build a lot of strength but I never "bulked up." Actually it was kind of sad because I was stronger than my boyfriend in some respects but his arms looked much nicer than mine.

Guest Snake McClain

I feel the same katalaya. i can only do like 3 pull ups at a time right now max. I am terrible at them. chin ups (as in with palms facing me) i can do a lot more which i'm not sure i understand. I guess chin ups are bicesps and pull ups are more back. Hard to say. Anyway i guess I'm just starting at the beginning and gonna work through it. Keep me updated on how you progress so i can feel crappy if you're doing better than me. :P