Forums are back in action! ×

I've been a lurker for he last few months while I take everything in. Been very impressed with the site and the community so far and figured it was time for me to join, particularly because a little peer pressure might help me achieve my goals.

I'm a 38 yr old corporate banker (5'7" and 182 lbs), married with 2 small children (3 & 2) and limited time due to the demands of my job. In my teens and early 20's I was in fantastic shape, and played just about every sport that keeps score. Once I hit my late 20's my job responsibilities changed and I traveled approx. 130 days a year for about 7 years. All that time in airports, hotel rooms and eating food on the run took their toll and I'd gained quite a bit of weight, lost muscle mass, and had a significantly reduced energy level. Now it's time to change all that as I need my energy level up to chase after my kids and still perform at a high level at work.

I've started running again with a goal of completing my first marathon sometime before I turn 40 (I completed my first half marathon last year) but am more concerned with being in good shape. Food isn't my problem as I tend to avoid the bad stuff (although I have a huge weakness for Sour Patch Kids... give me a bag and it's gone), my issue is exercise as I have a fairly sedentary job.

I'm going to take part in my first challenge shortly and could use all the help I can get.