Forums are back in action! ×

Gone Girl -- Book to Movie

Anyone here read Gone Girl and seen the movie yet?

I need to discuss with people who've experienced both ... since I've seen the flick my mind's been going on OVERDRIVE stuck on this film and the same thing happened after I finished the book.

LEVEL 0 - Bosmer Ranger

STR: 0 -- DEX: 0 -- STA: 0 -- CON: 0 -- WIS: 0 -- CHA: 0

Level 1 Challenge Thread

“Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.†- Al Swearengen

I Write Stuff

If this is for people who've read and seen both, then SPOILERS THREAD!

I just saw it this week!  I find both book and movie amazing, and also find what they changed interesting.  So glad Gillian Flynn wrote the screenplay AND that she's so talented that she can write a screenplay.

So what's buzzing around your head?

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

I really loved the whole narrative and how she pulled it all together.  I was completely fooled in the first half, and by the end of the first half, though we spent half of that in Nick's head, I was questioning if he could do it.....

But the very end.  I just....I just don't see it.  After finding out what crazy lengths Amy can go and play with people, could Nick really stay?  I just didn't believe the reasoning.

But endings are hard, and I give them a lot of leeway.  After such an intense journey, how could you end that?

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->