Forums are back in action! ×

Bodyweight Deadlift - SMASHED

i deadlifted 120lbs this morning - not once, not twice, but three times.

i weighed myself after, and i'm 122.8. that still counts as lifting body weight, right? right?!

been working toward this since the beginning of the last challenge, so feel damn pleased and had to share it with people who would understand the most. :)

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Three singles or one set of three? Either way that's super sweet. You are stronger than you think you are.

2.8lbs is nothing. Counts in my book. Especially since you did it multiple times.

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

well, i rested about 30 seconds between each one. so if it wasn't fluid movement, do those count as singles? and thank you kindly. feeling quite powerful this fine wednesday morning.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Sorta singles. 30s rest isn't really enough for fancy things like ATP repletion, O2 saturation and HR to get back to a fully rested baseline so you are performing reps 2 and 3 under some acute fatigue. It's good work and further supports my contention that you are stronger than you think you are. Plus doing them that way is harder than doing 3 in a row with touch and go reps. So yeah.. damn good work. You should feel powerful.

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

thanks guys!

Rick - sounds like a challenge, my friend. Are you doing the challenge starting next week?

Kain - i know i can do that. just thinking about it right now exhausts me, ha. soon, though...

BAMF - at the beginning of this past six week challenge, i was doing 60lbs and 75lbs wasn't even getting off the ground. so it's definitely doable, just gotta practice.

Heck yeah! I've just configured a hot-key on my computer to instantly bring me to my book on Python (life goal) to make that easier (Woohoo Linux!). My lifting goals are coming along already, but my running goal is going to take a lot of work. I did barefoot style running the other day and my calves felt like someone beat them with a rake (in the best possible way), but my lungs are just not up to the task yet.

Oh and today's DL's were 10 lbs short of body weight. I didn't feel great about my form though, so It'll still be a couple weeks before I'm caught up with you.

Great work! I figured you'd hammer out 120 in short order. Keep it up :)

thanks buddy!!

Oh and today's DL's were 10 lbs short of body weight. I didn't feel great about my form though, so It'll still be a couple weeks before I'm caught up with you.

yeah when i was working on DLs in the last challenge, i felt set back for awhile because a trainer had me practice form with lighter weight since i wasn't really doing it right. i was all bummed, thinking i wouldn't be able to make my goal, but getting the form in check actually helped SO much. do you have someone to work on form with you or do you typically use a gym mirror to check yourself?

Awesome job Matilda! Such a badass! I'm looking forward to that day myself. Currently not working deadlifts (WHAT?!? i know, i know...) continuing with my current workout system until probably the new year. Then will regroup look at learning a new exercise or two, like the deadlift.

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus