Forums are back in action! ×

YESSSSS!

So I'm stoked for this upcoming 6 week challenge! I made the decision a couple weeks ago to join the Air Force..something I've been thinking about for the past 4 and a half years. So last Wednesday I started running and calisthenics, cut out the sodas and junk food and been trying to eat clean. (I have to lose 20lbs to make it in the AF because of my height) and when I went back this week to weigh in..I lost 4 lbs!! I also ran a 1/2 mile flat out last week, something that I never though this couch surfer could do...I'm ready for this challenge and ready to keep reaching my goals!!! :D

<-- Behold the Guardian of the Royal Throne, enter if you dare.....

"What lies behind us and what lies before us is nothing compared to what lies within us"~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've had to fight like hell, and fighting like hell has made me what I am"~ John Arbuthnot Fisher

"Every man dies, not every man really lives"-~Braveheart

that's so awesome - and joining the Air Force? badass. good luck with this challenge!

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Thank you!!!! I'm so excited. The minimum run to pass Boot is 1.5 in 14:21 for females. I'm determined to beat the men's minimum of 11 min and my goal before I go is to be able to run 3 miles and basically pass the requirements for Marine Corps Boot camp so I can blow this out of the water :)

"What lies behind us and what lies before us is nothing compared to what lies within us"~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I've had to fight like hell, and fighting like hell has made me what I am"~ John Arbuthnot Fisher

dayyyum 1.5 in 11? that's a fast run. awesome of you to aim higher than necessary. do you have specific things you do to work on speed?

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Yeah thankfully my brother (whose a former Marine) is coaching me along and he's helping me build up my endurance and distance first, but he had me running sprints today which helps speed, distance and endurance. He's said he can have me running 2 miles in 2 weeks if I'll keep pushing myself. That's the key..just keep pushing myself lol.

Congratulations! I know how you feel. I'm plan on joining the Marine Corps. This is my third year in the MCJROTC program at my high school. I joined the rotc pt team as a freshmen now i'm a junior. Last week we did the pft and I found out I am the top cadet on the female team. I was so stoked to find out I was even better then the captian of the female team. Good luck with the Air Force.

"Sweat is just fat crying"

"Courage is endurance for one moment more"

"Forget the sky there is no limit"

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" Leo Tolstoy

Follow me https://twitter.com/J_oreo77

Instgram- j_oreo77

Hell yeah gf! Way to show em!!! :) I'm sure you will do fantastic...Semper FI!