Forums are back in action! ×

Muscles for Marysville this Saturday

Hey all,

I wasn't sure if this post would get the same viewing amounts in the "meet up" forum, so I thought I would post this here for those lurking Washingtonians etc. who want to join me in representing Nerd Fitness on Saturday.

As a teacher in a rural district not too far away, and as someone who used to substitute in the Marysville school district (and most likely subbed for these kids when they were in middle school), this has really hit close to home for me... I will be there representing NF as well as my box, Lynnwood Crossfit.

The official posts and info:

(From my Coach, and the Muscles for Marysville Facebook page)

This event is to bring the community back together after Friday's tragic shooting. Every penny that is brought in will go directly to the families of the victims. There will be a website up and running later today, along with flyers to hand out to every single school, CrossFit affiliate and business in the area.

There will be a workout for anybody who wants to participate, along with a showcase of CrossFit Games athletes doing a workout. We will have vendors, food trucks, and much more.

We are in the process of establishing a bank account, and we will set up a link that you can donate directly to that bank account by Monday.

We will be asking anybody who wants to work out to make at least a $20 donation.

If there are any companies that would like to set up booths and sell stuff, we would love to have you. We are also looking for merchandise to raffle off to raise even more money, so any donations would be greatly appreciated.

For anybody interested in volunteering, please email info@CrossFit Marysville.com.

Any other questions can be asked here, or you can email noah@crossfitmarysville.com.

Update 10/27/14:

From the event page on FB:

WORKOUTS!!!!

We have created 2 separate workouts for Saturday's event. 1 workout will be for the general public, and will be open to any people wanting to perform the workout at CFM the day of the event.

Workout 2 is going to be a tribute workout to the victims of the MPHS shooting, and will be the workout that we would like affiliates to do if they aren't able to make it to CFM the day of M4M. It will also be the feature workout for the CrossFit Games Athletes we have coming up for the day.

Workout 1

8 minute AMRAP:

2-4-6-8-10-12…..

KB swing (53/35), Goblet squats, burpees

Workout 2

"Pilchuck"

6 rounds for time:

10 Front Squats (225/155)

24 KB swing (70/53)

14 burpee box jump overs (24/20)

6- the number of victims from the shooting

10-24-14 the day of the shooting

Workout starts at 1pm! Let me know if anyone plans on making it up, I'd love to meet up with you!

<3

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

There will be over 1000 people showing up, food trucks, bands and CrossFit legends... Not even sure poor Marysville can take all the people! It's looking to be pretty awesome!

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast