Forums are back in action! ×

Owned by a levl1 bodyweight workout

been perusing these boards a week or two now and finally decided to give this a go

brief background

beginning stats: 41yo, 5'11", 246# in jan 2010

current stats:42yo, 5'11", 197# as of 10/19/11...acutally flucuating between 195 and 197

in jan 2010 finally decided to get my life quest back on track...spent the previous 5 years playing world of warcrack and drinking a lot of beer, not necessarily in that order...finally decided enough was enough

been sober since jan 2010, haven't played warcrack since give or take mar 2010...glad that mess is over

did a round of p90x may-aug2010...lost a lot of weight, put on some good muscle

after that, things went downhill in a very bad way...the highpoint (wtf?) was almost dying in nov2010...got well from that; however, since then, approx every 3mos i seem to do something to my body that requires a battle-rez

mar2010 slipped on ice, f'ked up shoulders

jun2010 tripped over hose on walk and shredded ankle

aug2010 bout of diverticulitis

notice a pattern there?

anyhow, started the paleo lifestyle (primal blueprint to be exact) in mid-sept...mainly focusing on the eating aspect of it...quite the change from the previous 20months of "healthy" eating (low fat, med-high prot and/or carbs getting nowhere, etc)...mmmm, chicken skin ftw

only real exercise this last month has been a weekly trip to the rec center for swimming/cycling/yoga...otherwise, it's just been a lot of reading/absorbing/more reading...oh, and little walking here and there

my next quest started tonight...besides posting this intro, i tried my first bodyweight circuit...bw squats, pushups, dumbbell rows, lunges and plank...didn't fare nearly as well as i thought i would...sorta jumped the shark tank right off the bat as i struggled to get out 20 bw squats :eek:

such is life....i'll post a diff write-up of this elsewhere

anyhow, hope to meet some like-minded travelers along this quest-driven path i'm on

/general_chat: newb LFM, need healer

E--