Forums are back in action! ×

I'm new to the Rebellion. I decided to join up because I weigh 296 and I do NOT want to go over the dreaded 300 line. 

I would like to lose around 100 pounds (I'm breaking it down to smaller goals though, so that way I don't get overwhelmed and give up) before, or reach that goal a little after I move to Japan next year.

After reviewing the material, I think I would like to do a Monk/Ranger hybrid. 

The monk part because I'm very interested in martial arts and speed, but I absolutely love stamina and endurance (I've noticed that he/she with the most stamina and endurance [read: take the most punishment] wins). 

Is this possible? What's the best way to go about it?

Of course it's possible. All it takes is time, determination, and a little bit of support. :)

The first thing I'd say to you is to take control of your diet. I'm not going to suggest you go 100% paleo or anything drastic like that, just start to make small, sensible changes - cut out soda or refined carbs, eat more veggies, that sort of thing. And start getting a little more active in your daily life. You can get a pedometer from about 5 bucks, see how many steps you do in a day right now, then set yourself a target to beat.

It's small steps like that, that will make those changes permanent. Rather than going on a crash diet that you can't sustain.

One of my biggest inspirations on here is a lady called AlienJenn. Check out her story here: http://alienjenn.wordpress.com/2014/07/25/all-heroes-need-a-backstory/

It's virtually impossible to go from the kind of diet and lifestyle that brings you near the 300lbs mark, to running marathons and eating tofu in one fell swoop. (Honestly, do people actually eat that stuff????) but over time, making small changes you WILL get there. Here's another source of inspiration for you http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28504-fenshires-epic-woot-thread/

There's a new 6 week challenge starting soon which is a great way of setting goals, making friends and staying accountable.

Hope some of this helps.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously