Forums are back in action! ×

Hello. 

I'm a funky 50-year-old professional auntie from the SF Bay Area. And apparently a Lycan Adventurer. I can dig it.

I don't rank high in all things nerdy. I like the books and movies referenced here, but please don't ask me anything specific. I'll flunk that test for sure. But I do like the vibe here and hope to find inspiration.

Since June 1, I've managed to lose 50 pounds with diet changes. Simply going cold turkey on my nightly ritual of Pepsi, potato chips and pistachio ice cream (Ben&Jerry's, or course) made a huge difference. I don't follow a strict regiment, which never worked for me, and having that flexibility keeps me sane. Balance in all things, yeah?

The thing I haven't been able to incorporate is exercise. Don't know why this is such a struggle, but I pray Nerd Fitness and the Rebels can help me out.

I'm off to see if I can figure out the upcoming Challenge.

See y'all in the forums.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Level 1 -- Lycan Adventurer

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.

-- Maya Angelou

Congrats on the 50 lbs. that's awesome. I just signed up as well. I am 35 lbs down, but have a lot more to go. I managed to incorporate exercise, but it took some doing. It's been a struggle to do at many times. You are not alone. I should sdd that I need to incorporate more exercise. You have a brother-in-arms for sure.

Level 1 Hobbit Ranger
STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHR 0
"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to roll over and float on his back, then you got something." - Joe E. Lewis

First challenge waist 48.25" to 44.25":
43.75%
43.75%
Beastmaster's Current Weight Loss Progress 267 lb to 165 lb.: 239.0 current
27.5%
27.5%

Welcome!! :D

50 pounds is an AWESOME start!  I think you'll really enjoy NF, the vibe here is fantastic and everyone is so helpful and motivating.  It's done wonders for my accountability - which was my biggest problem!  I'm already doing better than all of my previous fitness "attempts" since joining NF. :)

If you have questions about the challenge I'm happy to help - I just completed my first one.  Make sure to link your challenge thread in your signature (once they put up the forums) so we can keep tabs on your progress! 

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hey! Well done on losing 50lbs, that's amazing!

When it comes to exercise, I always end up saying the same thing to people - find something that you enjoy doing. There's no point whatsoever in trying to go running 3 nights a week if you hate running. It just won't stick, but think about activities that you DO enjoy and see if you can find a way to fit them into your life.

And it's not necessarily about going out and pushing yourself to the point of being a sweaty exhausted heap either. Some of the things I do are Line Dancing (yes, go on. You may laugh), cycling and yoga. Other people on here have changed their lives through walking (AlienJenn), boxing (Ferguson911) or powerlifting (SpecialSundae).

I'm a bit of a geek and I love tracking so I have a Fitbit, and I use MyFitnessPal to log my food. But it's not for everyone.

Hope some of this is useful and feel free to give me a shout if I can help with anything.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously