Forums are back in action! ×

THIS IS ALL ABOUT A HUGE THANKS TO ALL REBELS!

Ok so a month ago I finally became a Rebel! (whoop!) When I started I was about 180lb average joe. After my rebel introduction I decided to cut out the all the bs and stay focused and prioritize what mattered the most . So after 30 days here is what I accomplished because of the motivation, trial and error, and from the SUPPORT AND TEACHING FROM ALL OF YOU!

When I started 30 days ago....

weight-180lbs

age-22

height- 5'9

bench- 60lb db'sx5

Squat-155lbs x 5

Deadlift- 160x5

pullupsx6

handstand push ups-0 ( and I completely smashed my first on my first attempt)

military press- 85lbsx5

Today....

weight-172lbs

age-22

height- 5'9

bench- 100lb db's x5

Squat-250lbs x5

Deadlift- 310x5

pullups x18

handstand push ups-12

military press- 135x5

annddd made the deans list for college!

Ok so now those are the numbers. I walked away from the gym today with so much gratitude to you guys for support, teaching, motivation, and pure happiness that I had to tell yall. TO EVERYONE ON NERD FITNESS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! KEEP ON KEEP' ON AND GOD BLESS!

"We do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training"

FORGING IRON Challenge

wow. all that, and the dean's list? congrats!! that's impressive, rebel. i bet you have many leather-bound books and your apartment smells of rich mahogany... :)

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Thanks aj!!! and Matilda! A week ago I actually got heckled at the gym because I asked a guy if he would spot me for bench and he asked me if I wanted to go down in weight because "those 90's look a little too big you kid" ...6 reps later I politely told the 240lb man thank you and walked away.

"We do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training"

FORGING IRON Challenge

Isn't it really fun getting heckled and then showing someone up? Maybe he'll know better for next time, maybe even be encouraging to "kids" who are going for higher and higher goals.

Congrats on the really impressive gains in the last month! Keep pushing yourself in the gym and at school; you're doing awesome. =)

Jamie's Challenge!

"If you are reasonably polite and reasonably intelligent and work very hard, you should win in the end. I am told that this is not the normal message of fantasy, which usually seems to involve being preternaturally chosen or the seventh son of a seventh son or of royal/divine/fairy blood. As I am none of these things, but I am reasonably polite and hard-working, I prefer my version, because hell, if it's NOT enough to be those things, then what's the point?"

- Ursula V.