Forums are back in action! ×

Allow me to introduce myself :)

Hi all!

My life feels so crazy lately I don't even know where to start.I'm a 25 yr old waitress, who bought a house in June, got a puppy a week later, got married in October and opened a bakery a week and a half later. (I never noticed the synchronicity about that before now) We're roughly a month in now, and I've come to the conclusion I'm not taking near as good of care of myself as I should be. Not that I feel particularly awful but I got to a point where 4 of my last 9 meals were corn dogs. Yuck. A little about my schedule: I am in the bakery by 8 and am there until 3 or 4 when I run home, let the dogs out, and change for my restaurant gig. I get out of there about 9:30-10 on weekdays- Saturday night is more like 11. Then my husband and I do our daily cash out for the bakery and go to bed. For breakfast I have been having a green juice, and the last few days that's been my lunch as well. Then for dinner it's whatever sounds good at work. I don't exercise outside of the physical portions of my job, frankly because I am a delicate flower when it comes to my sleep and I'm barely clocking 7 hours. I want to get into some sort of routine before our tourist season kicks up and I'm really spread thin, I want it to be automatic at that point. I've dabbled in yoga, some light weight routines, and ran a half marathon last January (which was the third to the last time I went running since) So I'm more of an independent workout-er. I'd like to get my husband on board with some of this for accountability, but he's the king of enablers and would therefore be a terrible person to be held accountable to. I'm just getting into the forums and blog posts but if anyone had any advice or suggestions on direction I'd be very appreciative

• Like 2

So while I'm still getting started I've found that the setup for challenges is super helpful in focusing what I want to be doing with my health, and particularly what's important to me as far as getting on track (what I define as 'being more healthy')

I sketched one out for myself, and while I don't feel comfortable with jumping into it this late- especially since I am new- I think it's helped define my overreaching goals, and set a baseline for the next challenge that I will be participating in!

Main quest:

• To get into a healthy lifestyle habit

Specific missions:

• Clock 8 hours in bed a night (allowances are made if I don't get home from work before 10:30)
  • Do a Tone it Up workout 4 times per week
  • Have at least 6 servings of fruit/vegetables a day

Life Quest:

• Empty the cat box more than once a week :nonchalance:

I've been doing really well so far! Dropping everything at 10:15 to be in bed by 10:30 has been hard, husband was very confused I left him half asleep on the couch Friday night but at least I wasn't cranky from it taking 20 minutes to get him to come to bed. If I count juice as a serving of veggies (which I do, but maybe in the future I might get harder on myself) then I'm doing great on the veggie front, and I did a TIU workout yesterday morning that has me sore into today!

meh. So last week didn't turn out the way I'd hoped fitness wise. I was sore sunday so didn't work out, did a TIU workout on Monday but skipped the whole rest of the week. I guess I should consider it a win since it's more than I have been exercising since January, and part of the reason I skipped them is I was tired so not doing them added extra sleep. I also had a very strange pelvic pain thing going on Wednesday through Saturday. I was worried I'd have to go to the doctor but it's disappeared which is awesome! Husband and I planned on getting up early today to workout- I did, but let him sleep. He's been having a rough week at work and needed the time to decompress.

Side note: I am blown away with the sheer amount of nutrition advice that comes with the Tone It Up plan. For some reason I thought it was more of a complete package, which I guess it is but the pages dedicated to food vs exercise is crazy. They say abs are made in the kitchen but I own cookbooks with less recipes!!

I kind of want your life. Baking and puppy and enably husband. Sleeping is important - could you find an hour at lunchtime or in the afternoon to work out instead of early mornings perhaps? Though early mornings are good ... if you can get to bed early enough! (Says I, still up at ten to midnight.) Good luck and keep posting - you'll figure it out and there are lots of inspiring people here to learn from.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Thanks Ocelot! If I could manage to quit my restaurant job (which I'm hoping to do come spring) getting up early is the only way I ensure I have the time to exercise. It's usually a ten minute turnaround between the bakery and my shift, and when I get home I just want to lay on the couch and snuggle the pup. So it's early bedtime for now, until I can figure something else out.

Everyone got up early to workout today, I did a mile on the treadmill and a TIU bikini workout, H did some weights (a lot of adjusting- I wouldn't have the patience for it) and the dogs "helped". Downward facing dog over a pair of playing dogs adds another level of difficulty that H wasn't prepared for :playful: but we managed. My arms are sore from yesterday's workout but I'm feeling pretty happy and positive.