Forums are back in action! ×

After too many months... hello from France!

Hey guys,

I have to say that I'm kind of ashamed of putting this very first post for so long... I've been a huge fan of NerdFitness for at least 2 years, have told myself that I should check out this community (which I only hear good things of), but have never "found" the time to actually do it....

Well today that ends! I'm Ric from France (living in Lyon), although originally from El Salvador. I train a lot with weights and have started to run every know and then. I fact I just ran a 12 KM this saturday dressed like a dalmatian with 117 other guys :)

Besides my day job (I'm a buyer, and yes I know most people don't know that's a profesion :) ), I also run a blog that talks about Mac Games that I dream will one day make a difference.

I'm into doing sports and trying new things. But trust me, I'm not like that by nature. I'm shy and hate going outside of my comfort zone but thanks to places like nerdfitness, I know that only good things happen when you step outside, meet new people and try new stuff!

I think that's enough about me. You should also know that I want to bring to the community as much as possible. Hit me up so we can chat whenever you want!

Ric 

Bienvenue, Ric! I hope I'm spelling that right. Can't be bothered to check.

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

I didn't join NF community until about a month, even though been reading the blog for almost a year. The people on here definably help you to do your best (and are the coolest people ever).

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

There's two ways to do it. First way is through the formatting in the message box when you edit your sig. It's the little icon between the word bubble and the t in a box that looks like a 3/4 filled bar. I've never been able to get those working. Come to think of it, this site doesn't allow me to copy and paste either or post pictures. Probably because I'm on Internet Explorer and not one of those fancy things like Google Chrome or Firefox I don't trust.

Second way, what I do, is type it out:

a bit like (progress=color)number(/progress) except use [ and ] for the ( and ). Also, put whatever color you feel like for the word color and whatever number suits your fancy where it says number.

Try it.

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3