Forums are back in action! ×

Well, everything was going great and I was killing my 6 week challenge and then BAM I pulled my back out and was in bed for a week.  I'm finally starting to feel normal again, but I'm super frustrated to be back at the beginning and worried about hurting my back again.  I love the idea of re-spawning and am committing to riding my bike at least twice this week.  I'm not going to let myself get discouraged.  Steve is right.  A Lot can be done in 30 days! 

• Like 1

TankatHeart, level 1 Dwarf Pirate Adventurer

STR 2|DEX 0|STA 1|CON 0|WIS 1|CHA 3

Challenge 2

Lose 15 Pounds

66%
66%

I've herniated my L5-S1 disc twice, requiring surgery both times. The first time, I didn't have the surgery for something like 18 months, because I didn't have insurance. The second time was about 12 years ago. I definitely understand back concerns. I missed two of last week's three gym days, because my back was twinging. That being said, yesterday I pulled a 255lb deadlift for 5 reps. My personal best deadlift is 315 pounds. I'll get back there if I take things slowly and carefully. Rushing it might put me back under the knife.

You can do this; giving up has never made anyone stronger!

• Like 1

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

I've herniated my L5-S1 disc twice, requiring surgery both times. The first time, I didn't have the surgery for something like 18 months, because I didn't have insurance. The second time was about 12 years ago. I definitely understand back concerns. I missed two of last week's three gym days, because my back was twinging. That being said, yesterday I pulled a 255lb deadlift for 5 reps. My personal best deadlift is 315 pounds. I'll get back there if I take things slowly and carefully. Rushing it might put me back under the knife.

You can do this; giving up has never made anyone stronger!

Thanks for the comment!  Luckily, I just strained mine, so the pain eventually goes away.  My spouse had to have back surgery and it was awful, so I have appreciation for you getting back on the horse. Keep up the good work and thanks so much for the inspiration! 

TankatHeart, level 1 Dwarf Pirate Adventurer

STR 2|DEX 0|STA 1|CON 0|WIS 1|CHA 3

Challenge 2

Lose 15 Pounds

66%
66%