Forums are back in action! ×

i used to love lifting up to 200lbs squat. 100lb Clean & Jerk...which i gather is ok for an older gal.  

but the coach moved, the ankle gave out (persistent hole in cartiliage and a bit of bone damage - what they call a paratrooper injury - when you land funny and your talus mashes up against your tibia in a way it doesn't like).    

the medical establishment said variously 1) lots of people would be happy w/ your mobility. 2) maybe try yoga.  3) sit on the couch and ice until you recover this re-injury phase 4)stop doing balance work you're stressing the bone 5) stop lifting and try these HLA injections and get on the bike.  6) don't eat any carbs.    

so i rested and iced and injected and said F*** this i need to move.  so i began lifting again, i was happy but the ankle wasn't. (denial, bargaining grief etc)  lost a bunch of weight on low carb diet but i live with serious athletes 6 foot 8 hard body husband eats carbs ALL THE TIME because a casual run for him is 8 miles and his weekly ride is 4000 feet of vertical.  so   the weight came back because i like to eat what i cook.  

BUT  as Steve says, you can't outrun the fork. particularly if you can't run at all.    

so re the fork as the top line. 

i have no problems passing on dessert. i'll just have to adopt that strategy for the after dinner drink.

seems like that could easily be a big impact.  

or any food after 8 PM really.

we already have a farm share delivery - so plenty of good veg.

and re movement

a little movement is still a victory.  and too much - risk of injury (and compensatory eating)  i may not get half way to mordor but as the british PSA says, i'm still lapping everyone on the couch. 

so i'll keep the pilates but add groan  some yoga or other workout i can do sitting down.  

are there places to log your daily actions here?  

are there places to log your daily actions here?  

I actually created a log thread just this morning in this forum! It's a great way to keep yourself accountable to the community. :)

• Like 1

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

thanks   -   So looking at your challenge - Tseecka the idea is to make a more formal challenge and gamify my approach yes? 

More or less. I am actually not participating in the challenge this go-round, but there are a number of really helpful links at the top of the forums page that can walk you through how to do a challenge if that's the angle you want to take!

My personal thread is more of a log for myself. I don't have a structured set of goals yet, which is a large part of how NF gamifies the challenges, nor do I have a scoring system; but it's a good way to get in the habit in preparation for joining a challenge! I've actually been out of the community for some time but I know there are a lot of other Rebels who would be able to help you out! I'd suggest posting in the Rebel Introductions thread to get yourself started!

• Like 1

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(