Forums are back in action! ×

Remembering why I play the game

These last two weeks my motivation has just been down. I've been tired, hungry, busy and melancholy. I really had to remember why I was doing this, and look at how far I've come to remember that it's worth it.

I am so happy that I've lost 20 pounds so far since July. It's not a lot for the amount of time, but it's progress that I can see and feel.

I'm excited that I have improved my lifts, and with the exception of the last two weeks, been fairly diligent about my gym and workout attendance for about four months.

I just want to be someone I like and that I'm proud of. I'm ready to respawn, but I need to tweak some strategies.

-I need to not get so down on myself if I can't improve my lifts. I'm lifting according to the Starting Strength program, but not eating according to it, and I'm female. I have to be okay with the stalls that come along with cutting and lifting.

-I have to eat more lean proteins and veggies again. I've been hitting the pizza and soda a little hard lately.

-I have to stop logging things in too many places. I need to use one tool for each thing I need to track, and it needs to be a tool that works for me. None of this log in fitocracy, then on beeminder, then on NF, then on MFP, then... you get the picture. It makes everything take way more work.

Welcome back to it Grizzy!

I got tired of my lifts not improving much at the end of last year, so I started to eat to support the lifting. Unfortunately, stuff happened that got me away from the routines I had made, and I stopped lifting to support the eating. Now I'm back at it having gained back about 45 of 70 pounds I had lost last year. It's a journey with its ups and downs; the important thing is to keep moving.

I log my workouts in MFP while I'm at the gym, then just copy and paste into my challenge thread.

• Like 1

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth