Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there NerdFitness community!

So I initially joined the NF Boards a little over a year ago. I actually lost 30 pounds by changing my diet, exercising more, and generally being way more conscious about what I was doing with my body.

Then, of course, I got comfortable. I ended up missing exercise sessions, I ended up staying on the couch instead of lifting weights while watching my shows. Instead of eating vegetables and making some sweet stir-fry, I ordered pizza. (My glob were those pizzas incredible though!)

The last two weeks have seen a TON of transitions for me. I had been on the NerdFitness e-mail list for a while and the last bunch of blog posts didn’t inspire me, until today…

I am a VERY active person in Chicago. I am on the board for a very popular comedy festival, I run my own YouTube channel, I work 50 hours a week, and I also love Dragon Age (That is like another full-time job!). I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been (220lbs) and want to get back down to 185 where I felt comfortable and happy with myself. This is the day I respawn.

I am excited to have your support, and to support others. Let's do this!

I honestly feel like it might be helpful for people like us to start a support group...

The "No, seriously, you're just going to spend that hour aimlessly wandering the Hinterlands anyways, the rams will STILL BE THERE if you go work out, one hour is seriously not going to make a difference" group. 

XD In all seriousness, best of luck! It sounds like you've got a handle on where you want to go, and the whole community is behind you in helping you get there!

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

@tseecka - I REALLY just want to get a bike or treadmill and use that while I JUST WANDER THE GAME GATHERING HERBS.

GENIUS! That might even make me give a s*** about spindleweed again! XD

"You're not allowed to wander aimlessly through the Hinterlands/Storm Coast/Hidden Oasis unless you're doing so while also running 5mph the whole time." 

I'd get so much running done...

(I should note: I've only got about 20 hours logged and I'm deadly allergic to spoilers ^^;)

Tseecka
Lvl 2 Amazonian Adventurer
STR: 8 DEX: 5 STA: 3.5 CON: 6.5 WIS: 6.5 CHA: 1.5
"When you have eliminated the impossible, what remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
~*~Exercise daily if convenient. If inconvenient, exercise anyway~*~
Daily Battle Log: HERE

Accountibilibuddies: Looking :(

In the interest of keeping myself accountable, I figured I'd check in.

I've cut out soda for the past 4 days. It's been awful. I get headaches. I miss the caffeine, but I know it's for the best in the long run. My lunches typically includes burgers, lots of mayo, wraps with lots of bad bacon in larger portions than are healthy, and two soda. The past 4 days I've had salads and today I had a SENSIBLE wrap that wasn't weighed down by the bad stuff. Dinners have gone from ordering pizza to making humble servings of chicken with a side of veggies.

Tonight I'm gonna make Kale. I forgot how much I loved that stuff.

It's only been 4 days but this feels better already.

Checking in just so I have a timeline for myself to hold myself to!

I've been trying to eat better since 12/1 and I've lost about 5 pounds. On 12/1 I was 221 lbs, and this morning I was 216 lbs. Clearing cutting out soda and not eating really sugary shacks and opting for veggies is helping. Instead of ordering pizza twice a week, I've replaced those meals with Kale & Bacon with a side of chicken. I used to make that meal all the time and forgot how much I loved it. 

Because much of my free time is spent in front of a computer, I'm looking into getting a recumbent bike or treadmill so I can at least walk/bike while playing games or watching movies and editing.

Choo Choo.

• Like 1