Forums are back in action! ×

So long Captain Tightpants!

After 2 months of no exercise what so ever, and 2 months of slow and steady recovery, I have an arm again.  I named it dead arm, because althoug I can use it, its not doing much.  I also noticed something else I have.  A big soft belly  that is making my pants VERY, VERY tight.  I actually haven't gained or lost any weight during this time but I am really noticing, squishyness where there used to be muscle.

Why?  Because not exercising made me all sad and then I ate whatever I wanted, ALL the time.  I also, went back to drinking diet soda.  I bought 4-2L bottles for our Thanksgiving guests who ended up not coming.  Somehow, between Thursday and today I drank them all by myself.  And also a cheesecake, again all by myself.  And lots of drinking as well.  Also, life has been busy and I have been lazy.

Also, I realized I haven't been sleeping well.  Hmmmmm perhaps finishing off a 2L of soda every day is not a good thing for sleeping  - so that's gotta stop.

But, I was able to level up my Krav Maga last week, back to where I had been before I got hurt. Now I am a P2, which was my main goal in starting the classes.  Passed my test right before Thanksgiving, but I am still struggling with a lot of weakness in my right side, and a complete loss of core strength.  Now that I passed out, I have to change up my schedule and get to the higher level classes which is also going to be a bit of a challenge.

So here is what I am going to do between now and New Years.  

1.  Reduce soda to 1 per day.

2.  Starting a modified PLP challenge.  Since there is no way dead arm can support me hanging, I will be doing a CLP, cruches, lunges and pushups challenge for myself.  

3.  Add in one pilates class per week to up the core strength in addition to my normal 2-3 times training during the week.  Its only 3 additional classes before Christmas.  I totally can do that.

If I get those things under control, perhaps I can say farewell to captain tightpants before the holidays.

Level 5 gnome ninja

STR - 14.5 DEX - 2 STA - 5.5 CON - 15.75 WIS - 14.25 CHA - 4.75

2 days in, one new Pilates class  done.  Only 2 sodas in 2 days.  And added did the extra bonus crunches, lunges and pushups.

So far so good.  I also took my before picture, to be posted as soon as I have an after picture.  Meausements were 33 inch waist and 371/2 inches at the belly button.  I bet I can get that down quite a bit.

Level 5 gnome ninja

So far I got to 2 pilates classes. I know I am not going to make the class this week because I have been sick but I will do some at home with a DVD once I am feeling up top it, or maybe hit the class tomorrow

I am up to 22 push ups, crunches and lunges.  Since in August I was at 0, things are getting much better.

I have cut way back on the soda but not quite to the one a day I was hoping for.  Its looking more like none for a day or two then binge and drink a lot and the a day or two off.  But still way less.  Hoping by new year to have the urge small enough to go completely off the stuff.  

Definitely glad I started now before the holidays.  So far I am not up or down any weight, passing the beasts of Halloween and Thanksgiving up only 10 lbs from my goal.  That's where I have been hanging out since I hurt myself in August, so at least the scale isn't going up any more.  Trying to maintain until after Christmas when things will get back to normal and I can really refocus on better eating.

Level 5 gnome ninja

Hey Jax,

Congrats on your recent respawn. From what you've shared, you're definitely improving. Use that momentum to keep you going. Kicking the soda habit is hard, but awesome to do. Good luck on your journey.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher