Forums are back in action! ×

Jack O'Lantern, Being Relit

I have made 4 different accounts here... There, I said it.

At 4 different points I've created a username, used it while being all healthy and ambitious, then when I stop being so healthy and ambitious, I'd never log in again, and leave that username to collect digital dust as a tiny hidden monument to my failure.

I don't remember what event specifically took out username Jack O'Lantern. In fact, I can't remember what specific events took out usernames Harnvin Ginn Lantana, Pheidippides, or Die Barfuss Ritter.

But I'm resurrecting Jack O'Lantern, because it was my favorite account name, and pumpkins are supposed to rot in the winter, but f*** winter, I'm done rotting.

Here is the general pattern/ways my usernames/health kicks have died in the past:

I sign up, I go hard.

I set overly ambitious goals.

I make digital art for my six week challenges, and for the NF community. I try to be as active as possible in supporting others.

Then...

I injure my back squatting.

I hurt my knee running.

I'm spending too much time on here, it becomes a burden.

College finals week happens, and I neglect health stuff.

So I'm back, no new username, but this time will be different:

I'm going to make baby step goals. Each step itself too tiny for failure.

I'm going to be a pretty quiet member.

Jack O'Lantern, Level 2 Headless Horseman ScoutSTR 5|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 2.75|WIS 5|CHA 2.25

"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Man, I am so much with you it hurts to admit it. :) First of all, let me congratulate you on being strong enough to admit your failures, when it would have been so easy to pretend that they never happened.  Honesty and determination are great places to plant the seeds of future success.  Secondly, I seriously need you to believe me when i tell you that EVERYONE struggles with the issues that you're dealing with.  You're not alone, it's not some malfunction unique to you that causes you to struggle.  There is no perfect routine: the people who have had the most success with this (and frankly, with anything in life) are the ones who can screw up and fall down in the dirt 20 times, but get up and try again 21 times.  You can totally do this. :)

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."