Forums are back in action! ×

Respawn attempt after Thanksgiving

Thanks to NerdFitness, I was able to lost 17.8 pounds after a month of making slow and consistent changes over a period of time. 

Because I love Thanksgiving and Celebration, I focused on staying committed and building up points so I can enjoy myself with family during the holiday season. 

To that end, I decided to take 3 days off the Paleo diet: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. 

It was actually kind of difficult to give myself permission to do so, and to eat what I wanted since I had already adjusted somewhat. But turning the switch off was easier than turning it back on as originally I had planned to go back Sunday. Then put it off till Monday, but after nearly vomiting from an experimental Paleo food I made (Turkey, olive oil, veggies, and chili initiated instant vomiting reflexes for whatever reason. Smelled great though) I'm officially respawning today and changing my method of attack.

Sometimes when you're on a restricted diet like Paleo or whole30, it can be helpful to go off for a couple of days, if for no other reason than to show your brain how much better your body feels without X food.  If you're anything like me, a few days of Thanksgiving food, as delicious as it was, was enough to leave you feeling tired, overfull, grumpy, and utterly without energy.  And I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick!! But it's good that you're working on your new plan of attack though, way to dust yourself off and try again ^_^  If you're looking for paleo Christmas recipes, feel free to drop into the webchat or check out the recipes forum for ideas!

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."