Forums are back in action! ×

I totally fell off not long after starting my first challenge. I am not the greatest at staying updated on the internet, but I had been keeping a decently detailed food & exercise log in a notebook. That started to taper off as school got crazier, and then my partner moved across the country two days before Thanksgiving. I have been feeding my depression and loneliness with sugar and lethargy for the last five solid days, and now I am extremely sick with sinus issues and at 140 lbs, my heaviest ever.

I am also entering that dreaded finals period.

And I am applying to grad school.

So here we go, back on it!!!! Glad to see so many others are in the same boat and are returning with such enthusiasm.

Goals for the next month:

-- habit replacements: reading instead of tv before bed, flossing right after brushing

-- food/water: eat 6 days/week according to primal/paleo guidelines, drink 3 liters of water a day. no sugary drinks and no added sugar desserts (dark chocolate ok).

-- exercise: 15 minutes/day of anything! walk dog at least 1.5 hours every day (for his sake, too!)

Respawn is under way! I am prepared and motivated to stick with it this month.

Last night I made four meals worth of chicken & shrimp Thai curry soup, which is blasting my sinuses open and stores well! I began my daily exercise plan/habit (15 minutes/day of ballet workouts) and have been walking the dog more. I feel calmer and more under control of the end-of-semester chaos already.

Intermittent fasting (no breakfasts) comes natural when I eat primally which is such a huge benefit, I always have so much more energy the morning after a high fat low carb dinner and don't get hungry until 11am at the earliest.