Forums are back in action! ×

This is the best part of the movie...

This is the part where she gets back up again and starts to fight! This is the part where she stops being afraid of her superpowers and starts to explore them! And this time, she's going to win!

Earlier this year, in the summer sometime, I got serious about fitness, and started weight training for the first time. Ever. I had done some dieting. Sometimes successful (low carb) sometimes not. Then I found nerd fitness, and it was just what I needed! I took "before" pics and started working it. Then life happened! Weight training wasn't a strong enough habit. My job gets extremely busy in the summer & fall, and I let the exercise stuff fall by the wayside. Now I'm in the worst shape I've been in in 7 years! But things are slowing down at work, and I have until April to build a really good habit. Starting now!

Tools: accountability

-I bought a scale, and will use it once a week only. (Once we're done playing with it to figure out how much the water we just drank weighs..;)

-I'm logging my food intake. Paying attention helps me do better.

-I'm using a pedometer. Again, paying attention helps me get off my ass!

-I'm instigating a bet with my friends, or possibly dietbet.com, to give us a financial inspiration and friendly competition. (Competition with my best gf was crucial for me during my only successful weight loss attempt, but I moved away from my team! Hoping to bring it back long distance with the wager)

-my sweetie and I finally cleared out the garage and are setting up our home gym today!

-my fridge is stocked with greens and veggies and grass fed beef, lamb, chicken & fish!

Cue up the Rocky music!! Woohoo!

Hells yeah!  Cue the epic montage!  And I know it's still months and months off, but NOW is the time to be planning what you're going to do when your life gets busy again.  It's sooooo much more likely that those workouts will happen in the summer and fall if you've already accounted for them in your schedule!  If you know the pitch is coming, then you've got time to figure out how to knock it out of the park!  \o/

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."