Forums are back in action! ×

Even the Healer needs a Rez occasionally...

This is my first ever message board post!  Today's blog post was exactly what I needed to hear and Child's Play is an amazing charity, so I knew this would be my day to finally take the Forum Plunge!

Nerd Fitness would like to Resurrect me.

I accept.

November 2014 - longest month ever!

It started on the 1st, with my 3 year old son and a terrible runny nose...which turned into a cold, an ear infection and pink eye.  And of course, even though I was diligent in trying to contain all of his germs, my 5 year old daughter got the pink eye as well...and then the cold.  Oh, and then there were the several nights that I woke up to the sounds of vomiting children.  But there is more!  As if my kids running that gauntlet of illnesses wasn't enough, my 12 year old dog became so sick that she stopped eating and drinking.  I prepped myself for what I thought was an inevitable "she needs to be put down" call from the vet.  It was not until the 30th that she finally started eating again.  

So, it honestly feels like for the entire month of November I have had kids home sick from school or a dog so sick that I can't leave her alone.  That makes getting to the gym almost impossible.  Not only that, but I had no desire to cook meals for kids who weren't hungry enough to eat anyway.  I have been Doctor Mommy for weeks.  It has been exhausting, but it has worked.  Other than a runny nose here and some residual lethargy there, my brood (furry and otherwise) seems to finally be on the upswing.  Now I have no excuse not to start taking care of myself again.  Tomorrow, I will be picking up heavy things!  It's time to get back into the fight!

Hobbit Adventurer

WIS: 0  |  CON: 0  |  STR: 0  |  STA: 0  |  DEX: 0  |  CHA: 0

Not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien