Forums are back in action! ×

Time to have another go at the black dog boss!

So here it is, another year nearly gone and this was supposed to be my year to get my shit together and lose a kilo a week and be healthy and fit by 40, and I'm actually where I started. I started well for a couple of weeks, several times, but with so much weight to lose (about 50kg) its felt really overwhelming, and any progress has been quickly lost. You name it, I've used it as an excuse, one chocolate bar (or 2) won't hurt, I'm a mum of 3 kids so I'm too busy, studying full-time, and any other excuse has been used, right down to the plain old 'can't be bothered'. It's been pretty depressing, knowing that my Mum had diabetes, heart problems, blood pressure, etc, and didn't win the fight. In fact her dying of a heart attack at 62 is what I am terrified of happening to me if I don't change. I've got loads more life in me than that!

So, I'm hitting the reset. Time to respawn and beat this big black dog boss. I'm going to try paleo eating for me and the kids, and I love the idea of meditating every day. I've already got a companion for walking every morning. My own challenge is for 2 weeks to start, and see how it goes. then to reassess what's working and not. 

Wish me luck!

Ali x

:encouragement: