Forums are back in action! ×

This will probably be my 100th respawn toward this goal, but at least I'm giving it a go again  :redface-new:

I started a personal challenge in October 2014 to workout at least 4 times per week (I was in love with reverse ladder workouts at the time) for 8 weeks. By the end of that month a new job, the demands of graduate school, and general laziness shut that challenge down.

Today my respawn begins!

I commit to - replace at least 30 minutes of couch-seated TV watching with at least 30 minutes of recumbent bike TV watching at least 3 days per week

- complete 3 strength training exercise routines per week (back to those reverse ladders...or starting strength!)

- complete the 61 day PLP challenge, which I'm modifying to include resistance band seated rows instead of pullups <-- today is DAY 1

Writing my workouts in a journal really inspires me, so I'm looking forward to marking my progress...I'm also going to shake off some shyness and post more often on the NF message boards.

#wefallsowecangetbackup

• Like 2

Love it!  Keeping track of what I'm doing helps me stick to it as well.  Feel free to post on the boards often!  You'll not only motivate yourself, but you'll find that your honesty with your own struggles and triumphs will motivate other people!

Sometimes, the best way to beast our challenges is by focusing less on ourselves and more on helping other people!  Happy Respawning to you!

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

Thanks for the support, Randa Rooskie!

One month later aaand...I've had to restart my PLP program (today is day 5) and strength training has been hit or miss.

I kind of hate the idea of resolutions, but now is as good a time as any, especially since my December visit to the doctor revealed that I have borderline high blood pressure --> I also hate prescription medication, but I started taking medication and set a goal of being able to stop within 3 months.

In making progress news, I have been doing reverse ladders two days per week, did TRX training yesterday (I can feel all three parts of my triceps today), and signed up for group classes at my school's fitness center. With the new semester starting on Monday, I plan to alternate fitness classes, starting strength, and reverse ladders 3-5 days per week while including 2 days of yoga for stress relief.

This year I will turn 35, and I'm seriously tired of setting but not accomplishing fitness goals -- I am no longer about that life!