Forums are back in action! ×

A much-needed respawn

That blog post couldn't have been better timed. I've been falling out of my healthy habits one by one over the past few weeks, and kept telling myself I'd get back on track after the holidays. But for me, things are only going to get more hectic come January, and there's no time like the present, right? 

So here's what I'm committing to, for the rest of 2014:

1) working on the one hundred pushups training program (week 1, day 1 today!)

2) moving at least a mile a day walking, running, or biking 

It's not much, and I'll be doing other things as well, but this is my minimum must-do list. And now I'm pretty excited about it. :)

Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha.

Member of CNF: TOS

I love the respawning!  And I LOVE your avatar!

45abf07201f325d0ccf90f263dbf977f.jpg

Keep those push ups coming!!

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

I love the respawning!  And I LOVE your avatar!

Keep those push ups coming!!

Thanks! I'm still going strong! 

Got at least a mile of walking in every day this week. I'm going to work on adding running in the weeks to come. 

Did the first week of 100 Pushups:

Tuesday - W1D1: 6/6/4/4/max (5)

Thursday - W1D2: 6/8/6/6/max (7)

Sunday - W1D3: 8/10/7/7/max (10)

Got a friend to join me for this, which helps a lot with motivation! :)

Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha.

Kudos on getting some back up with those pushups!  Having a friend around to motivate you is such a huge help.  I'm a big believer in the buddy system.

c4b664f3e7dd7016fe8b62f075882fbc.jpg

Glad to hear you're going strong!  Keep on keepin' on!

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

Kudos on getting some back up with those pushups!  Having a friend around to motivate you is such a huge help.  I'm a big believer in the buddy system.

c4b664f3e7dd7016fe8b62f075882fbc.jpg

Glad to hear you're going strong!  Keep on keepin' on!

The buddy system definitely works! And that picture is the best. :)  Thanks for the encouragement!

OMG the 100 pushups challenge. I have never yet completed it! I'm tempted to start again but I think I'm doing too many challenges already. Good luck, keep posting- I want to see how you do!

I started it once before, and I'm determined to make it to the end this time! Even if I have to repeat weeks (I will almost certainly have to repeat weeks). If you ever decide to do it again, I'll be here to cheer you on! 

• Like 1

This week is off to a good start. I brought my running clothes to work on Monday and ran/walked home (about a mile). Made plans with a friend to go for a run together tomorrow. 

Today was Week 2, Day 1 of 100 Pushups, and it was definitely harder than last week! But I got it done.  9/11/8/8/max (12)