Forums are back in action! ×

My inner athlete is dying to come out!

I'm Jen! I'm 80 pounds overweight and am sick of being the person that I'm allowing myself to be. I want to be healthy and thin, but haven't ever believed I could get there. I have an inner athlete who is just dying to come out, but I haven't allowed her to. Is it because I'm scared of change or just lazy? Maybe both?

I just turned 34 in October. Every birthday since my 30th birthday has been a sad day. When I was 29, I promised myself that I would be at my goal weight when I turned 30. I was going to start a new decade as a "new me". Each birthday since my 30th is a reminder of failure.

It's time to change my attitude. I've started the NF Academy and have set two goals for next year; a Warrior Dash and running a 10K. They are huge goals but I'm tired of letting another year go by without success. This time I'm doing it and I'm not waiting until January 1st to start. It's time to "respawn" now!

I'm coming here in hopes of support. Thanks!

Great attitude! You can definitely do it! Remember, obstacles are those scary things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. 

~Arrowan

Human, Adventurer 

Level 4

STR 9/ DEX 6/ STA 15/CON 8/WIS 16/CHA 7

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang 

except those that sang best." -Henry Van Dyke

Hi Jen,

I was just reading through this forum and came upon your thread.

What you wrote, I could write exactly the same things - except the pronouns would be a different gender and the ages and years would be a few more.

Your thread has got me thinking that it really is time to respawn again.

Congrats on two days without the soda or candy!

Keep going!

Eli Frankenear

Fitbit

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi