Forums are back in action! ×

Respawn in another country

Hello Everyone,

This is my first ever post on the nerd fitness forums. It may be a long one. I am from England and have just returned to the UK after having lived in Japan for 6 and a half years. At the start of this year in January, I had some problems with drinking. I was told by the doctor that I had to stop drinking for good as I had done some damage to my liver. I managed to stop and I also then managed to stop smoking in June, its been 6 months now and no cigarettes. I am pretty proud of myself! I then decided to move back to the UK after we discovered an illness in the immediate family. Back in around June/July I started following the nerd fitness website and was eating a 80/20 Paleo diet, doing the strength training exercises from the website about 3 times a week and working full time teaching small children which involved a lot of running around, jumping etc. I also rode my bike to work. Then a couple of months ago stress started to kick in, moving back to the UK required a lot of time packing, going to city offices to sort out taxes, pensions etc. Trying to get a job sorted back in the UK and starting my application to do my teacher training. I am now back, working part time only twice a week and the rest of the time I am preparing for interviews for university. I am not exercising and not doing all the running around with the children I used to be. I am gaining weight rapidly and am finding it so hard to get back on track. Having lived for so long out of the UK I keep treating myself to things ive not been able to eat for years like certain chololate bars I really like or potato chips. I really want to respawn and get back on track like I was but I am finding it so hard right now. 

Help.

James

92900cd851e8ee0c2a06e4ded6b52e28.jpg

Moving back after six years, finding a new job, getting into a new routine... no wonder you've been under some stress!  How about just picking one thing to work on for a few weeks?  Kill that chip and chocolate habit.  Honestly, when you are really motivated to make some changes you'll find a way to make it happen.  Checking out the boards is a great way to get motivated, too!

Happy Respawning!!

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes