Forums are back in action! ×

Dear awesome fellow NF-followers,

It's been a while since I visited this forum (hence the respawn), but I'm very motivated to get back on track and kick some ass by working out and eating right.

This year september, I've started at the university and therefore moving away from my parents' house and started living on my own.

I've been eating quite ok, mostly Paleo-ish for dinner, I drink mostly water and I don't eat candy or cookies. Next to that some healthy snacking in the weekends (peanuts) and I've cut back on drinking beer.

Also, I've joined an Ultimate Frisbee club, which is freakin' awesome and I would recommend it to everyone! So I get my weekly workouts at least once a week. (loads and loads of sprinting :chuncky: )

I have been on and off strenght training routines in the past (last one in june I guess), but I really like to pick it up again. I now have access to a proper gym (I already bought the membership) and I'm gonna use this month to set goals for myself and try to sort everything out. I'm a bit scared to step foot in the gym for the first time, especially because I'm quite weak atm. So I'm also gonna use this month to build some strength again and get used to a routinely way of exercising. I have a pair of dumbbells in my room which I use for some compound exercised in combination with bodyweight exercises. I started with this last week.

My most challenging goal for this month is to make up a good diet scheme. I really like the freedom that I have now that I live on my own, but I still need to get it structured. I have to think of a good way to prep meals and what to replace my breakfast and lunch with. I now eat either two sandwiches with chocolate sprinkles or a bowl of yoghurt with a banana in the morning and 4 peanut butter sandwiches at lunch. I want to replace this with more Paleo-ish dishes. Omelettes for example. I'll work it out. My dinners are mostly Paleo as mentioned and snacking is an apple, a banana or some peanuts in the weekends. I've been experimenting with some easy Paleo recipes and my goal is to gather lots of em and try which recipes fit my schedule best.

I've also been thinking about Intermittent Fasting (I'm a big fan of Anthony Mychal, also because I can relate to the skinny-fatness), but I think that's too much of change in one go. Maybe I'll work up to it.

Long story short: I'm gonna use this month to sort everything out and set goals for myself, so that I can (cliché, I know) start fresh next year. Keep track of everything and accomplish goals!

• Like 1

Way to respawn!  I think I read somewhere on the Nerd Fitness blog that he just uses leftover dinner as breakfast a lot and makes it "breakfasty" by putting an egg on it.  Who says you can't have pork chops for breakfast?  You could also bake up one big batch of chicken for the week and heat up a piece as needed for meals.

Keep that momentum going!

dde24263b5ecaac35d323f27bf047955.jpg

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes