Forums are back in action! ×

Respawn in Bread Hell

Howdy!  I've recently moved to Norway from Canada and in 4 months I've gained about 12 lbs.  Right now I have a closet full of clothes and, not counting sweatpants, only two pairs of pants that fit.   To highlight my complete and total lack of will power, last night I ate a bag of oreos and something called a "Lion" bar after I packed my kids off for bed.  I looked at the wrappers after I'd done that and thought "Yeah... this isn't sustainable."

Today, I woke up and a friend posted a little blurb about fitness and I decided to pop by here to see if anything was new and lo - RESPAWN DAY!  Hell yeah!

Anyway, my goal is to work out at least 4 times a week.  My biggest challenge is my diet.  I don't know if you've heard about the bread in this country but OMG.  It all has flavor - different flavors even. I love bread and bread loves my hips.  It's time to clean out my fridge (I'm pretty sure I have some cursed food items in there with negative stat bonuses) and get back into the fight.  I'm pouring out the cokes and shoving my husband's candy bars on the top shelf where I can't reach them.  (I'm pretty lazy, so getting a ladder out of the basement to get to the candy bars is going to be way more effort than I want to deal with.)

Goals:

1.   Work out 4 times a week.

2.  Reach for fruit instead of chocolate

3.  Be active on the forums and meet some people

4.  Fit into all my pants by February

5.  Stay out of the crap aisles of the grocery store

Assets:

1.  I don't own a car, so I have to walk everywhere or take the bus (which still involves a good bit of walking).

2.  I have to carry my groceries home, so I can't buy a lot at a time, and have to walk there every day.

3.  Stay at home mom so I have time during the day to exercise

Challenges:

1.  Bread

2.  Packaging labels - I can't read them, so it's hard to tell what is in food sometimes.  Even raw meat is sometimes sold pre-salted.

3.  Self Control - I have none.

Good luck fellow respawners!!!  Let's go kick some butt!

Hey, that's awesome that you're able to identify what your challenges are and plan ways to work around them. ^_^  Something that may help with not being able to read the labels is if you can find a few "safe" foods or brands or something like that, so that even if you can't actually read it while you're in the store, you know that THIS brand of meat is okay, and that THAT brand of frozen veggies doesn't have anything added to it, or even learning what some of the "bad" additives are in that language.  For example, you don't need to be able to read every word on the label. If you can find the ingredients and see that it's got like 30 things listed, then it's a pretty good bet that at least some of those aren't going to be too good for you. ^_^ Good luck with your respawn!

• Like 1
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

Thanks :)  I'm going to try to stay out of most places in the store where I have to google translate what I'm eating.  The only place I should be having to do that is the meat, where I need to know if I'm grabbing ground pork or ground chicken haha!

Today I was pretty good.  I didn't do a work-out, but I did walk for about 2 hours back and forth to town and school drop-off and what not.  It wasn't a heart-pumping cardio, but that's for tomorrow's actual work-out.   Eating went well today.  I stuck to nuts, fruit, veggies and meat. Also, the fridge is cleaned out.  The sodas are gone.  I quit cold-turkey on those once before, so I KNOW I can do it again.