Forums are back in action! ×

Red Panda respawn: Project FireFox

The respawn post came at an excellent time for me, and I am glad to have a reason to get my game back on!

This Panda is a third year slightly non-traditional PhD student. I started my program when I was 28, and when I began I was in excellent shape - eating paleo, cooking delicious meals from scratch, walking all the time, working out every day, and feeling super-healthy with oodles of energy. I knew that I had become a big unhappy blob back in college but I thought I had left that well behind me. Being fit felt so good that I (naively) assumed I would easily continue being awesome when I went back to school.

But then school started, and I've been moving backwards ever since. All my willpower has been getting used up on school and research, so when I get home each night I've been caving to the temptation to laze on the couch reading books or playing video games while eating restaurant food or pre-cooked meals. I used to love running, but I've been fighting a flare-up of plantar fasciitis for the past five or six months that has knocked that option out entirely. And this past February I gained a new boyfriend - he is a wonderful human being, but he has a serious addiction to fast food and overindulgence, and sometimes the temptation is just too much to resist. 

Right now I have ~170 pounds on my 5'2 frame, and that is just too much weight for a little Red Panda to carry around! I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit, and I want to be able to wear them again. I want to run again, and get back into ranging throughout all the beautiful rolling hills and mountain trails here in central Pennsylvania. I want to learn to snowboard, and take up kickboxing. I want to kayak and snowshoe and go for long walks just for fun. And I want to have a healthy body to keep my brain going when school seems overwhelming.

This Panda is ready for a reboot. A renewal. A respawn! So I'm ready to leave my setbacks behind me and get on with getting in shape. RedPanda is aiming to level up to being a bad-ass Fire Fox. Back to cooking meals from scratch, cutting out grains and sugar, and working out for at least 10 minutes a day.

And - go!

• Like 1

3e5e30f1b53ce4c3d30e1ab1060bc49c.jpg

Go, Panda, go!

Sounds like you know what you want and how to get there!  Here's to cheering you on as you respawn!

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes