Forums are back in action! ×

Seriousleigh's Respawn Timer: 22 Days and counting

Hello again!

So I've been a good old fashioned slacker in the eating well/working out department and have been recently fired for my total lack of work ethics, tardiness and failure to complete tasks set to me. So I'm taking some time off, 22 days to be specific, to enjoy the holidays, pig out on whatever the hell I want and not make my girl-friend's family feel awkward by my sudden refusal to eat any of the delicious things they set out to eat during the holidays. I'd hate to see her mom's smile fall apart when I say no thanks, to the awesome pies and things she bakes during the holidays, so I'm gonna ease my way into that change so that the people around me that I care about have time to adjust.

While I know that it's my life and I am 100% allowed to eat what I want and everyone else can deal with it, I don't like to make meals with family awkward if I can help it. So I intend to happily devour anything and everything this holiday season and enjoy every last horribly unhealthy bite :D

I've thankfully not seriously gained any bad weight in my time off from being a smart human being, so that's handy, and I am aware of why and how my plans derailed recently. I was transferred to a new store at work and my shift changed from 12PM - 9PM to 9AM - 5PM which messed up my sleep schedule and I'm sad about that since my main gym was in the same place as my old store. Now I have to either go half way across the city to get there, or go to a new location which never feels comfortable for some reason. They could have the same physical layout, same equipment but it doesn't feel right for some reason. :( and now I just found out I'm being transferred AGAIN! and my shift is going from to 5AM - 1PM... ugh... I'm trying to be positive about the fact that I will be able to actually see day light in the afternoon this winter but I am NOT looking forward to walking 1km in ice and snow to the bus stop before dawn...

So my plan of attack for my respawn assault on life will be simple:

- rebuild my sleep schedule and try and make it stick on the weekends as well. 

- force myself to become comfortable at a new gym, or suck it up and deal with the half hour bus ride to my comfy gym (could be good, I like to read on the bus)

- slowly cut back on the junk food and then generally unhealthy amount of useless carbs in my diet (pasta and bread mostly)

- drag my lazy ass sister to the gym with me at least once a week until it is a habit for her, and then go up to 2, 3 or 4 times a week as she adjusts

and for a bonus mission: save up to get a few sessions with a personal trainer so I can get proper hands on instruction on how to lift, and also immediate feedback/corrections on form. While I know that there's a million and five videos linked here, and freely available all over the internet, I personally do not learn skills like that well without actual instruction. Sadly there are no Nerds in my hometown that I am able to ask for assistance :/

Adapting to change is always tough - hang in there, it'll get easier and you'll get used to it, whether 'it' is changing gym or getting on the bus. As I'm sure you know its important to be consistent with the sleep thing. Your body will fall into the pattern as long as you stick to it strictly for a bit. Make sure as you take out junk food you concentrate on getting enough nutritious food - don't go hungry, it will make you miserable and feel like going back to the less healthy food! Good luck with it all and take care.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

I would be miserable having to give up donuts - not sure I could do it, much respect to those who can! I eat them - I just try and make sure I get enough protein and nutrients from veg/fruit/wholefoods as well, so I'm not going to drain all my energy and starve my muscles of real food. That way I have more energy than if I just eat junk. I think there should always be a bit of room in life for unhealthy delicious things. How much room really depends on your goals and activities! Figuring it out is the hard part, but as long as you stay aware of what you're doing and what results you're getting, you can adjust your plans accordingly and - it may take time but eventually - you'll find your own healthy balance :D I'll go and subscribe to your battle log now hehe.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!