Forums are back in action! ×

Time to regenerate... a new life, a new me...

I've done this before, and it worked. Well. I lost weight, increased endurance, strength and skill... I was looking good and feeling better... somewhere though, in the dark cold of the winter, I lost faith. I began to doubt, began to weaken, and slumped to the ground.

I've been fighting though for several years, slowly getting battered by never entirely giving up...

This time, I will rise again, I will keep on fighting.

This time, the dark cold of the winter will be my strength.

So in other words...

A couple of years ago I was an hovering around 225 or so. I decided that something needed to change because, quite simply, I wasn't as healthy or as happy as I could be (I was also eating CRAP... not literally... but pretty much...

I have always been interested in endurance events as an idea, so I began to run regularly... three, four times a week. On my off days, I was swimming. AND I began to eat healthy (amazing what that does to holistic health! happy AND healthy!).

In the end, I ended up getting down to 200 in a couple of months. I even ran a half-marathon (unofficial, off-road, rainstorm and at night... but my friend's GPS agreed, 21km!). It was amazing! I ran a couple of other races, had a tonne of fun... and then moved.

When I moved, everything kind of fell apart. I don't know why really. Time became more of an issue, but still...

That was in 2012. I weighed myself today, 216.1 lbs (that .1 is a real pain!).

I want to start running again, want to start losing that weight, to get competive(ish) and to start fitting into my pants well again...

I have a new goal weight of 180 lbs. I know I can do it, but I really want to focus on what I know I enjoy... running and other endurance sports and eatind healthy!

This next month will be a little crazy (I'm moving across the country to start a new job) but I decided to begin where I am... and to fight through it even when the chaos of moving threatens to get in the way!

Hehe damn that .1! It's only a tiny step towards your goal weight though. I'd break that 36.1 lbs down into a few chunks and lose it slowly in a sustainable way, but maybe that's just me! However, it might work especially as you're about to go through what sounds like an absolute ton of stress. During this time, focus on eating good food that will energise you and doing exercise that you like that won't leave you drained. Good luck to you, oh mighty sparrow!

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!