Forums are back in action! ×

Bribery Works Apparently

I wish I could blame the holidays, but no, I haven't really been on track for a few months now.  Even the NF challenges, forums (fora if you're nasty), and Academy have had no effect.  I just stopped caring...about a lot of things.

BUT, suddenly getting off of my ever-growing rear end will maybe benefit some kids however indirectly, and now, ready or not, I'm jumping back into the game.  Maybe not being 100% ready is a terrible way to go  into a respawn; maybe I'm just setting myself up for another fall.  Like the man says, though, don't keep repeating the same thing and expecting different results, so, maybe jumping in without an elaborate 3 month plan, and just taking it slow, with no expectations, will be the change that I need to move forward.

Today I'm back in the game, full of fear and trembling, but with nothing to lose. 

Ranger,  Level 3, 2014-09-152014-07-282014-06-09

Thanks IdoruNYC and laodamaren!

Just as an update, which will almost definitely result in my jinxing myself, things have turned around considerably!  I mean, first of all, look at all of these exclamation points!  ...sorry...I'll take it down a notch or two.  It's been 10 days since that post, and I've been eating more and more clean, whole foods and drinking water like crazy (so, essentially, I've just gone back to the basics), and it's really helped my energy and mood.  I also started sneaking in some brief but intentional "workouts" --also very basic, but just what I need right now.

I mean, I stopped at half of a pizza...a medium pizza...and I only ate half of it.  This is big.  I usually down whole, large pizzas without flinching.  The time we got take-out before this I piled up the entire 8 slices on a plate (because it's classier than eating right out of the pizza box, right?), ran a train on them, and then polished off a dessert.  Cravings are down, though, and since my mood is lighter, the compulsion to keep eating when I'm full is lessened.

So, there's that.  

Thanks again for the encouragement, I just wanted you to know that I'm rooting for you right back! 

Ranger,  Level 3, 2014-09-152014-07-282014-06-09