Forums are back in action! ×

Last Phoenix down

Hello Nerdfitness. 

I really suck at these hello my name is bla bla stuff so I'm going to dive right in..
I'm here because I want to get back to working out and feeling good. I used to workout untill 1-1.5 years ago, then I fell of the wagon wich has several reasons. I did powerlifting training and was supermotivated, I had a great girlfriend and a great group of friends and then BAMM everything fell apart. 

I started having lower back pains, girlfriend cheated on me with a few of my best friends, lost my job and I ruined my education. Simply put

I lost freaking EVERYTHING and went into a downward negative spiral wich took over my life 

Last week I got an e mail from Steve about the Respawn Point
and I was thinking about working out again for a longtime and that e mail was the last push I needed to seriously commit myself again even tough I have a lot of obstacles

Stuctural Leg Length discrepancy (right leg being a bit longer than my left)

my back 
Being diagnosed with a winging scapula
Hypermobile traits
Social anxietys
Weed
My budget

Yes weed, (I'm from the Netherlands, it's legal here.. sorry -.-')
This is my biggest problem, this stupid mental addiction telling me want to be high all day long and do nothing. Being high just doesn't do you any good when you're life is a mess. I'm starting a group therapy session this Friday to battle this. Weed was always a problem, even tough it has never been this hard to quit. You can get it on every streetcorner and it was my way of excaping everything I went trough as a teenager what happened to me, it isn't just quitting smoking weed, it's completely changing my habits and this time

Dealing with my body is also pretty annoying, here in the Netherlands we don't know SMR, foamrollers, Kelly Starretts, mobilizations, stretching, diets, and things like that. 

I really hope that this community will back me up, and can help me out and that I can help others out. 

What I already did
Ordered Becoming a supple leopard by Kelly Starrett (comes with the mail tomorrow^^)
Went to the gym
Made a foam roller using a pvc pipe and a yoga mat and some duct tape

What I'm going to do this week;
Go to the gym atleast two more times
write down everything I eat
Start reading Becoming a supple leopard

Sorry for the long novel, I really suck at introductions.

Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons. Doesn't seem right. -Tyrion Lannister