Forums are back in action! ×

getting the ball rolling

So this is my first post in NF forums, I've been reading for a couple years now and always meant to join the forums so here it goes.

I love the idea of building up momentum to new years because I do have some new years resolutions but also know the importance of building momentum with small steps.

After new years I will be going back to my old job which is brutally hard (over 84 hr a week) and a means to end because I'm 

also going to be moving out for the first time at 22 which is very scary.   So to build up my confidence as I'm finishing up school I'm going to set a goal to new years.

I'm going back to my workout plan but this time to prevent me from burning out I'm not going to do any additional workouts or worry about my diet.

Thanks for the article Steve it was just what I needed and I'm glad to finally join the message boards.

Man, what do you do that is 84 hours a week? That must be extremely stressful both on the mind and the body. Massive props to you.

I'm really glad that you're taking little steps toward making yourself healthier while keeping away from "burn-out mode". 

Keep it up, you've got rebels here watching your back :)

Level 0 | Dwarf | Recruit 

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Start Weight: 224 lbs.  |  Current Weight: 224 lbs.  |  Target Weight: 180 lbs.     

Weight to lose: 44 lbs  |   Weight lost: 0 lbs. 

Main Quest: Lose 10 lbs (4% body weight) in 6 weeks!

0%
0%

Quest #1: Attend yoga for 80 minutes, 2x a week

24.6%
24.6%

Quest #2: Increase bench press by 25%

0%
0%

Quest #3: Run a 14-min mile 2x a week

0%
0%