Forums are back in action! ×

Help me pick out a new artsy fartsy computer?

My computer is very, very slow, even after reinstalling Windows and starting from scratch. It's a few years old, so I suppose it's to be expected.

Therefore, I am in the market for a new one!

WHAT I NEED IT TO DO:

-Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.

-Gaming! Torchlight 2, Skyrim, that kind of thing. Doesn't have to run on the highest settings, but it's gotta be smooth.

-General web browsing, email checking, boring stuff. Obvs.

The guy at Best Buy was trying to sell me on one of these Lenovo ThinkPad things:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-thinkpad-yoga-14-2-in-1-14-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-1tb-16gb-hybrid-drive-black/8618451.p?id=1219354097142&skuId=8618451&ref=30&loc=KW-4322&ksid=33328961-80ed-bca8-b35f-00005a0e2c88&ksprof_id=8&ksaffcode=1587996&ksdevice=c

And the bf was telling me the Surface Pros (2/3) are pretty darn sweet (he's got a 1st-gen one). I like the idea of having the touchscreen built in so I can do artsy stuff without having to cart around a Wacom tablet; apparently with the Lenovo above that's not an option even though it has a touchscreen? I guess it's not a dealbreaker, but it would be nice to have one less piece of equipment to mess with.

Of course I'd like to not spend a ton of cash if I can help it; the budget is pretty tight these days. That said, I do understand you get what you pay for, so I'm thinking if I can keep it to $1000 or less that should be manageable.

Barbells are a girl's best friend.