Forums are back in action! ×

It is time...

I'm at the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I'm not liking it...at all.

I had my annual physical last month. It's required now my the employer's insurance company so the can track our numbers. Mine aren't so happy. They are a warning that if I don't change I'm going to face some health issues...sooner rather than later.

I was having a conversation with someone the other day and it dawned on me that I've got at least another ten years that I've got to be healthy and fit. I want to go hiking. I want to go backpacking. I want to carry canoes across rough portages in the Boundary Waters.

From today - no from now forward - I will be different. I will make the changes necessary to be who I want to be. I will push forward and accomplish my health and fitness goals.

I will not beat myself up for missing the mark occasionally. I will learn to forgive myself.

I will stop the negative mental talk and focus. I will stop and look at what went wrong. I will plan around those pitfalls so I don't fall into them again.

It is time...

Eli Frankenear

Fitbit

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

The fact that you're posting this is the perfect step forward. It makes you hold yourself accountable. You know what the problem is, and you want to fix it. If you are truly trying as you said you were, then what more can you ask of yourself? Except to push yourself to the limits every day and challenge yourself.

I think that's part of what fitness and health is: exceeding your own limitations in pursuit of inner strength and happiness. It feels so good to beat your best, or to push through the pain and come out okay, great even.

Learning to forgive yourself is a great skill to have (I say skill because it takes practice).

Best of luck to you in all of this. I expect to see you in The Woot Room soon.

• Like 1

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher