Forums are back in action! ×

Respawned this summer...

This thread is a little overdue for me, but I thought I'd share as it may help others.

I joined NF a few years ago(maybe two? I lose track) with the intent to make severe life changes. Then...I didn't. Talk about a false start.

I did a solid month of paleo and lost some weight, the decided I was doing okay and went back to old habits. Working in front of a computer, eating crap, not working out, the usual.

I think I had some reverse body dismorphia, I was a fat kid who thought I looked alright. I mean, I carried the weight fairly well, I have a big frame so it was pretty spread out. But it wasn't until after seeing some pictures from a Tough Mudder that I ran this past May, that I realized how bad I had gotten.

Thankfully my wife is very supportive and didn't let me get bogged down in any depressive behavior. I found an amazing Crossfit gym right by my house with an awesome community.

That was in July, the changes that I've seen in myself since starting are staggering and only increases my drive to never let myself go back to that place again. My box's motto is "Stronger Than Yesterday", and for me, it's more than just a motto now.

Some stats for those that are interested. I'm 6ft 1inch, at my heaviest I was 250 in a size 38 pant. After four months of Crossfit and one whole 30 challenge my weight dropped to 219 and I dropped six inches off my waist. I can't say, accurately, how much weight(fat) I've lost as I've packed on some decent muscle. But I can say that I've never felt happier or stronger. It feels good to be back in 32 inch waist jeans.

Because sometimes you just gotta push press Megatron.

Lookin good my main man!  I also joined up here almost two years ago (2 year in February I think) and then barley did anything.  But since I respawned that will all change.  Time to finally be active in this forum and keep up the great work!

Lord S'jet   lvl: 4

Challenges - Current

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time given to you" -Gandalf The Grey

Weight goal

0%
0%

Current: 174  Goal:140

Wow, guy, you look awesome. That picture of you at the top is pretty bad-ass (even though it's your before pic, it's still bad ass lol) It's definitely an inspiration to see your after pics. At my heaviest I was 240 lbs, size 38 pants. I'm down to 32 now, as well. You are 1 inch taller than me, but other than that, we're pretty similar.

Great going, man. You've done an incredible job at turning your life around. Hopefully others in the same situation can look to you for motivation.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher