Forums are back in action! ×

Doing something different

Greetings fellow travellers!

My name’s Jarrod, a 25 year old candy maker,  and I’ve been at this game for awhile now. We all know what game I’m talking about. The one where I say tomorrow will be the start of the rest of my life. Tomorrow I am going to go to the gym and destroy that fat clinging on to me like a remora suckling the tit of a mighty shark.

It’s been a battle, not just against the weight. The constant fight against my own crippling body image issues and low self esteem.

I’ve always been a big guy, not the biggest, but a big guy nonetheless. As of Monday I stand at 6’ and 292 pounds the biggest I ever want to be. I’ve tried the whole gym thing loads of times before. Sometimes I was even good at it but the end result is always the same. I always come up with an excuse to quit. This last time I cracked a tooth clenching my jaw while lifting weights, I didn’t need to take off two months but it happened anyways. Which of course meant that I lost all the progress that I had painstakingly gained.

Honestly I never thought of joining a fitness website before. The idea of making my shortcomings public has never really appealed to me, but I am not a young man anymore. I have been battling a weight problem the same way since I was little kid. The way I’ve been doing it obviously hasn’t been working so it is time for a new approach. Not only am I putting myself out there on the wild frontier we call the internet, but  I’ve decided to join a boxing gym as well.

I plan on posting here often enough to annoy the lot of you. Iif you kind folks don’t pay attention to my ramblings I might be able to read some of these and get me out of this decade long slump.

These are my goals:

Lose weight

Become the strongest there is

(Yup that’s it)

My nerd creds:

Classic comic book nerd.

I love going to comic con and cosplaying with the all the other die hards.

I love reading and writing fiction.

and who doesn’t enjoy a good rpg now and again.

• Like 2

Goal 1: To lose 90lbs!

15%
15%

Goal 2: Cut 5 minutes out of my 5k time
0%
0%

Goal 3: Complete the Spartan 300 Plank Challenge
16%
16%

Level: 0

Race: Half Orc

Battle Log Current Challenge

Strength (STR) - 0 Dexterity (DEX) - 0 Stamina (STA) - 0 Constitution (CON) - 0 Wisdom (WIS) - 0 Charisma (CHA) - 0

I am definitely a guy that needs a good butt kicking. I tend to get too full of myself and a tad egotistical at times so being reminded that I'm not perfect will probably help more than hurt.

15%
15%

0%
0%

16%
16%

Strength (STR) - 0 Dexterity (DEX) - 0 Stamina (STA) - 0 Constitution (CON) - 0 Wisdom (WIS) - 0 Charisma (CHA) - 0

I will have to pop around the forums a bit and rub elbows with my fellow nerds.

15%
15%

0%
0%

16%
16%