Forums are back in action! ×

Needing to Respawn

I was doing well for a while.  

And then i invited stress in the door.  I allowed myself to get overwhelmed with things for a while. I lots my way.  

I did not give up everything, but I relaxed on the diet, I lightened up on the workouts, and I allowed my self to fall back towards (but not into) old bad habits.  

I need to recommit, i need to re-establish my place in this race to health.  

I have to get back to motivated, and avoid the seasonal depression i always fear during the winter.  

I need to find my courage to face my issues and deal with them.  

Thank you all for the encouragement and help, these boards make it easier to stay on track.  

NerdFitness Avatar

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - T. Roosevelt

There is world that should be, and the world that is. We live in one. And must create the other, if it is ever to be. - J. Butcher

I went through the exact same thing in September. It was horrible. I had to rediscover and redefine my dreams and goals with fitness and health, and I needed to do a bit of soul searching to identify my true motivators. They were not what I thought they were.

Since then, I've been able to stay on track and have seen some progress. It kind of felt like I was running on ever-expanding ice and I kept falling. But once I got that first grip, it was like the snowball effect. I just kept going and the distance to where I needed to be began to shrink.

The issues I had before remained the same, but my perspective has changed and allowed me to deal with it. I don't know if this information helps you or not, but I thought I'd try and share.

Good luck, my friend. Respawn is always possible.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

I have been quiet in here for a while.  Life caught up to me.  

I have finished my technical article for IEEE.  I also recently received some news that should help relieve much stress.  

I have continued to loose weight, and I am now in the 320's.  329 lbs is still in the 320's.  

Simply want to try and the momentum going (pun intended) and try and meet my overall goal by the end of June.  

Thanks for the articles I get emailed to me, and for the opportunity to struggle through this task with a group of friends.  

NerdFitness Avatar

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - T. Roosevelt

There is world that should be, and the world that is. We live in one. And must create the other, if it is ever to be. - J. Butcher