Forums are back in action! ×

Well, here goes nothing.  I am not sure what got my attention on this site, but something did, and I feel more bought into this concept than any other fitness thing I have planned to do over that last 20 years. 

I am 40 and have been overweight since college.  Each year sees a few more pounds on the scale, nothing dramatic, but over time I am the biggest I have been.  I have always been able to balance it by seeing the number of people larger than myself and rationalizing that I cant be that big if they are bigger.  Well, rationalization does not work with your 4 and 7 year old children.  They want to play and I want to be the dad that gets to play with them and not watch from the sidelines or taking continuous breaks.   

I haven't done the beginner workout yet, but that will take place tonight.  I have walked for 10 minutes for 3 straight days and I cannot tell you the last time I was active on 3 consecutive days.  I threw away the bag of chips at my desk at work and have brought an apple and orange for my afternoon snack for 3 straight days. 

I know that it takes 21 to create habit and only 1 to break it, but that means that I am already 1/7th of the way to this becoming my new habit.

• Like 2