Forums are back in action! ×

I signed up/started the most current 6 week challenge. I was all set to go with a decent quest and measurable goals to succeed on my quest. Then not 1 day into the challenge, I injure my hamstring slightly. It takes me a couple more days to realize that I should actually rest leg. That doesn't stop me though. I still have other parts of my body that I can workout. What does that lead to? Injured shoulders! I didn't even do anything particularly grueling to hurt my shoulders. I think they are just weaker and I tried to progress too quickly to compensate for not being able to do my normal leg work.

So for the past 3 weeks or so, I've been doing my best to stay positive and not completely backslide, while waiting for my body to heal. I will say that I've been doing a fairly good job at not letting the food intake part of the process go to complete shit. However, I'm ready to respawn my mindset and actively participate in getting better and not having a pity party!

Good call on resting your body. You definitely don't want to mess with injuries. I've done the same thing before with my shoulder; pushed too hard through the pain after a serious injury.

And also congrats on keeping up with clean eating. Hopefully things are still going well for you.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

Thanks Matt! I'm actually feeling pretty good. My mindset is definitely shifting to thinking of this as a long-term process. It's one thing to say it, but it is another thing to actually feel it. It makes it easier to deal with setbacks.

That's awesome to hear, duke. Setbacks will happen, but like you said, once you get in your head that it's permanent, they don't seem like showstoppers.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher