Forums are back in action! ×

Kinda respawned before this, but let's make it official.

Yes, I fell behind, faded away, convinced myself that nothing is worth salvaging.

Then, I dunno what, but something spurred me.  Maybe it was the memory of actually improving.   Maybe it was replaying Mirror's Edge and remembering I wanted to be Faith, not just play her. 

Maybe it was the sexist manager who said I shouldn't fetch something I've fetched several times before because it was heavy and thus "a man's job."  Likely the latter.

But I refocused on at least eating one healthy meal, on exercising, on getting up and at least trying to improve on something irl everyday, either physically, writing wise, or lifestyle wise.

So I guess I'm respawning, thanks to years of counseling and recent medication.  I'm getting back in, even if it's just to prove to that manager that he's a sexist asshole.

• Like 1

Welcome back, Shan. Be proud you're here. Sounds like that manager is a real jackass. No doubt he has some issues he's compensating for (tiny dick?), so good for you for getting back up and pushing forward. You can do this.

I'd like to share one of my favorite quotes with you:

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher