Forums are back in action! ×

Beginning a new quest!

I was always a small, skinny kid growing up. I decided about 2 years ago that I wanted to start lifting weights and putting on some muscle. Since then, I have put on 25 pounds, but I'm not seeing the results I was hoping for. I never really set goals for myself or spent any appreciable time learning what to do and how to do it to achieve the results I wanted. I used to google workouts that I figured I would like then go lift and hope it worked.

I was looking again for something new and different when I stumbled onto NerdFitness. I really like the philosophy in the stuff I've read so far. Since last week I've tried to read seemingly everything I can find on the site. It's inspiring the way things are written and presented here. I like the style and humor of the posts along with some real, helpful information. That's what got me hooked and got me here today.

I want to continue to build strength and get lean. I know I have a lot of work to do on my diet, but I'm already starting to make small changes that can stick. I'm excited to join NerdFitness and begin my quest anew to be happy with my body.

Boiler Up!

"Everything hurts. Running is impossible" - Andy Dwyer

Goal: Deadlift 1x BW

0%
0%