Forums are back in action! ×

Shattered ego. Time to respawn.

So a few weeks back I made a post wooting about a pull up pb. I'm somehow still getting stronger even though I haven't done an actual workout since July. Tonight I broke that again and got 5 in a row. Was jumping for joy almost.

...then a door broke at work and I had to go lift myself onto the dock. Stands about head height. After getting those 5 pull ups I figured "yea this'll be easy!" Not so much. My tail bone is still sore from the whoopsie fall I had when I just couldn't lift myself high enough and my arms gave out.

Unfortunately that just happened to be right in front of a few people, so the joyful mood I had quickly turned to embarrassment. Now all I want to do is be able to pull my own body weight up onto a ledge or dock that stands at head height, so here I am at 230am pumping out push ups squats planks and looking for something heavy but quiet to do some rows with. Gym rush starts tomorrow after work for me.

Don't sweat it, man. We all have lapses. As long as you keep trying in the right ways, you'll be able to do what you set out to. Be proud you can do 5. Last time I tried, I could only do 2 pull-ups. I feel embarrassed to admit it, but it's true. Once I have access to a bar or something like that (the doors in my apartment are hollow-core and weak so I don't want to try it), I'm going to work on it.

But your ego will repair itself with your hard work.

Good luck on this, and don't beat yourself up over it.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice in your head at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher