Forums are back in action! ×

Cosplayer?

This is also a big reason I want to get in shape. I want to be a better bane. I also want to put together a green lantern costume and a couple custom designs. I tend to go as zombies just because it's something I can pull off

• Like 2

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

I have attempted cosplays for a several years now but I haven't really had any successful ones for myself. I mostly wear them to A-kon in Dallas every year. My very first one was my character from FFXI in her Alchemist Apron. So far I have done Zoey from L4D, Macha from .hack//SIGN (love her but my costume kinda sucked), Pam Poovey from Archer (very comfy and got some love), and Kaylee from Firefly (the best costume for cons, comfy and has lots of pockets!). I have done a few zombies, too. Those are always fun! But as usual, I get so discouraged because I always have low self esteem (doesn't help that I am accompanied by many skinny girls) or my costume just doesn't turn out right - like last year. :(  I have a dream cosplay as FemShep but that will take some time just to get fit enough for that. Right now I am debating on even starting my next cosplay project. 

• Like 3

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

Planning out what to cosplay as:

Step 1: Looking up people cosplaying some of my ideas of characters I like to attempt at

Step 2: Sit and cry for a bit after that

Maybe this is why I don't really cosplay.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

Don't let it stop you, kaelvan!

I didn't, and I did fairly well. I'm sure you would be awesome.

Just remember that you don't have to be exactly like a character to cosplay as them. That's what wigs and acting are for.

• Like 1

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Don't let it stop you, kaelvan!

I didn't, and I did fairly well. I'm sure you would be awesome.

Just remember that you don't have to be exactly like a character to cosplay as them. That's what wigs and acting are for.

3869785_orig.gif

• Like 3

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Okay, so I saw a few trailers from Jupiter Ascending, and then I looked for screencaps, and...ffffuuuuck I want to cosplay Balem Abrasax so bad (the main villain, because apparently I have a thing for wanting to cosplay evil space royalty--example here.)

So I found a few reference pics of him (re-uploaded them here and here) I'm only at the planning stages right now, mainly because this movie isn't even out yet and good reference pics are hard to come by. I'm also not sure of which outfit I want to make yet. I do know that the neck piece he has is like OMFG WAAAAANT! And that I did find a reference picture of...

Right here.

HOW IN THE EVER-LIVING FUCK AM I GOING TO MAKE THAT!?? Gaaaah! The details X(

So, ehh...craft foam? Worbla? Resin? So far I'm thinking worbla combined with an immense amount of swearing.

• Like 2

Make it from metal sheets and solder the layers together? That'd be pretty uncomfortable, though...

I FINALLY get to go to my first convention this year--I'm making the trek to A-Kon. I'm working on a variation on Raven as depicted in the Teen Titans comics for the formal masquerade. I'm very excited. And my motivator for completing my current challenge is Princess Aska for a different day.

• Like 2

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Cosplay.... I am a chronic cosplay planner, seldom finisher.  My big thing at San Diego comic con every year is I make dresses out of the giant swag bags.  I'm usually so exhausted by that that I don't ever finish a real costume.  I have done a handful of "inspired by" outfits for things.. Tron siren dress, batgirl dress, jar jar binks headdress.. that kind of thing.  Never finished a full screen(ish) accurate cosplay though.

I've been working on a Dark Knight Rises Catwoman for like two years now.  I'm obsessed with getting the fabric right (it has these bumps on it and I MUST HAVE THEM) and I actually think I'm there, just need to get off my butt and go test it out.

Also want to do She-Ra (which might happen sooner rather than later), Chelle from Portal (probably for Camp), Severine's dress from one of the Bond movies, Cheetara from the 2013 cartoon... so so so many planned, lots of thinking and purchased items, but no follow through.

Yall should check out the Replica Prop Forum (therpf.com) ... cosplay to drool over for daaays.

• Like 1

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%

I am cosplaying for the first time in several years for ECCC this year. It's mainly a "closet cosplay" (thank you Value Village), but I'm so excited! Since I'm about that body shape, if only a little shorter than her, I'm going as Pam Poovey from Archer. Dolphin hand puppet and all.

I will look for you. XD

That's gonna be my first cosplay too... not Pam, but at ECCC this year.

• Like 1

Umm....undecided as of right now. XD

So depending on my funds, I may put together an OC cosplay. 

But the way it's looking right now, my husband and I are probably going to spruce up our Team Rocket costumes and go as that. It was my Halloween costume a few years ago, and it's pretty good, but I'm gonna put a little more time into it to make it con-ready.

• Like 1

I've done Sakura from Card Captor Sakura in a Halloween dress, a very cheap version of Sailor Moon, and my first one ever was Bilbo Baggins. I haven't done any in years though. I've debated Avatar Korra, Bellatrix Lestrange, and Hikari from Digimon. I tend to make dolls or other crafts rather than costumes, because I feel a little weird wearing them out.

Base Character: Elantrian

Class/ Profession: Druid

Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log Whole30

Make it from metal sheets and solder the layers together? That'd be pretty uncomfortable, though...

I FINALLY get to go to my first convention this year--I'm making the trek to A-Kon. I'm working on a variation on Raven as depicted in the Teen Titans comics for the formal masquerade. I'm very excited. And my motivator for completing my current challenge is Princess Aska for a different day.

A-kon FTW!  :victorious:

I am cosplaying for the first time in several years for ECCC this year. It's mainly a "closet cosplay" (thank you Value Village), but I'm so excited! Since I'm about that body shape, if only a little shorter than her, I'm going as Pam Poovey from Archer. Dolphin hand puppet and all.

I love my Pam Poovey cosplay :)  I had the puppet too. Thinking about doing that again this year. My main trouble was the hair. I am a brunette and I managed to get a blonde wig into a bun. First time working with wigs, pretty interesting. Turned out good :)

• Like 2

Planning out what to cosplay as:

Step 1: Looking up people cosplaying some of my ideas of characters I like to attempt at

Step 2: Sit and cry for a bit after that

Maybe this is why I don't really cosplay.

I feel your pain because those are my first steps too, lol. There are so many good cosplays out there. I am a perfectionist and looking at all those pictures sets the bar really high for me. Then I lose what little confidence I have left :(

But I go for it anyway. That way I am not at the con like a sad panda wishing i did something at least. :)

Sad_panda_cryazone.com.jpg

• Like 1

A-kon FTW!  :victorious:

I love my Pam Poovey cosplay :)  I had the puppet too. Thinking about doing that again this year. My main trouble was the hair. I am a brunette and I managed to get a blonde wig into a bun. First time working with wigs, pretty interesting. Turned out good :)

I'm actually dying my hair and implementing a fake bun. There's no way I'd be able to pull off her hair style with all of my own hair. I haven't found a wig that will work, nor do I have the time to work with a wig.

Regardless, I'm still super excited to do this cosplay. I really hope I find other Archer cosplayers.

And after I go blond I can finally dye my hair blue.

• Like 1

To make your buns bigger, use a sock, seriously.  Cut off the toe, roll it into a donut.  Put your hair in a ponytail, then starting at the ends roll the sock down while wrapping your hair in it.  Makes a huge bun out of not a lot of hair.

• Like 4

(______ <\-/> ______)     Faille | Level 3 Elf Ranger/Druid

/_.-=-.\| " |/.-=-._\     [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx78%--]
    /_   \(o_o)/    _\      STR 4.75 | DEX 7.75 | STA 8.75 | CON 11.5 | WIS 15.25 | CHA 8.75
     /_ /\/ ^ \/\ _\
      \/ | / \ | \/        
Current Challenge | #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
        /((( )))\           My Battle Log
  jgs __\ \___/ /__
     (((---' '---)))

Whole 30 Progress - Complete!!  1/5/2015 - 2/3/2015 -  Meal Plan

Comic Con Countdown - Goal 155 lbs, 7 to go
0%
0%

Omg She-ra. The princess of power *somehow that sounded like an announcement in my head*

tumblr_m91gvtgzBV1qffnzto1_1280.gif

But Catwoman. I love her too much. I would love to do for a cosplay. But which version Catwoman (won't be the Halle Berry one...sorry Halle Berry, but that Catwoman movie didn't do Catwoman justice) is a tough choice.

• Like 2

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

To make your buns bigger, use a sock, seriously.  Cut off the toe, roll it into a donut.  Put your hair in a ponytail, then starting at the ends roll the sock down while wrapping your hair in it.  Makes a huge bun out of not a lot of hair.

That is what I used on the wig!  It was kinda heavy but I used a bun sock, a wig sock underneath, and lots of bobby pins. Stuck very well. I also used the sock bun for work days in the summer. :)

And I finally started working on my cosplay yesterday. I think it might be very ambitious and I am wondering what kind of mess I might be getting myself into. :s lol

• Like 2

And I finally started working on my cosplay yesterday. I think it might be very ambitious and I am wondering what kind of mess I might be getting myself into. :s lol

You can do it! You can do it!

• Like 1

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!