Forums are back in action! ×

I joined the Need Fitness Rebellion a while ago, but lost my way. I'm back now. Since I'm starting over -- and hoping to do it right this time -- I thought I'd introduce myself as a newbie.

I gained weight in college and grad school and am now...rejoining life. I've been in a terrible cycle, losing and gaining the same forty pounds over and over. I'm not happy about my body right now and I want to lose about 30 pounds.

I'm an academic, and a writer. So, I spend a LOT of time standing in front of a classroom or sitting at my desk. I do manage to go to the gym 2-3 times a week for about 30 minutes, but it's really not enough. My diet is atrocious around deadlines (fast food is convenient, when you're in a hurry) and I have a sweet tooth. I tend to fall into depression sometimes and I have a turbulent life outside of work (family with health problems, divorce in my not too distant past). Lack of physical discipline and personal commitment to health and fitness has put me in this shape and I hope to change it!

So...Hi, to everyone! I hope to be active on the boards and in life while I try to achieve my goal. :)

Attempting Challenge: November 26 to December 23.