Forums are back in action! ×

Skinnyframe Fitness Problems

Oh hi.  I'm a nerd lady that has spent the past 10 years mostly sedentary in a high stress lifestyle.  Now I find myself unemployed and in a spot to truly reevaluate what I want my life to be.  Depression is a big risk for me, and I think physical fitness and health is the best preventative medicine.  I have so much free time now; my barriers to fitness are internal.  Isn't that true for most of us?  So it's nice to have community like this to bring my thoughts to.

So one issue, strangely, is vanity.  I have a tall and slender bone structure that can look awkward and stringy as I lose fat.  I actually look BETTER when a few pounds fattily overweight.  This has been confirmed by boyfriends.  But at this point in my life (I'm in my mid 30's), I need to really set myself up for how I want to age from here on out, instead of worrying about how I look.  This means strength training, cardio, and flexibility as far as I can tell.  I'm also losing what used to be my waist under a funny little bike tire of midriff fat. 

Is there anyone else here that has this conundrum?  Lanky, out of shape females?  With spare bike tires around the waste?  LOL

My other barriers are the typpical laziness, intertia; the difficulty in esablishing new habits.  With supoprt and accountability, we can all manage to pull through those barriers though, right?  I'm looking forward to getting to know people here and sharing our journey.

That is one of  the main reasons I ended up on Nerd Fitness. I felt like when I was skinny, I just looked lanky, and then when I gained weight, it was just a bit of stomach fluff and still bony arms and legs.  I lost weight, and then gained some of it back in muscle. I can still have moments of self doubt and wanting to lose 5 more pounds, but overall I am happier now with how I look then I have ever been. 

Good luck on your journey!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27