Forums are back in action! ×

Feedback Loops/game mechanics website for diet fitness

Yo guys- I've noticed in my traffic that some of you read my blog and thought I'd come to you with this question: There's a website that applies game mechanics and feedback loops to diet and exercise- what's it called?

I ask in part because I'm planning on writing a book (yeah, an actual fucking book!) with that as the theme, and because a reader asked me about something similar. In any event, don't be shy about hitting me with questions if you have them, or adding me on Xbox Live for COD BO, or MW3 when it's released- xbrutalizerx is my gamertag.

Hehe you can thank people like Carjack for your increased traffic :D

There is Fitocracy, which is game/level up based. Is that what you are thinking about? Also, the OMFG (Online Multiplayer Fitness Game) which is under development here, but hasn't been released yet.

Edit: Like what you do over at your site, I just wish my work didn't block it.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Fitocracy was the one. Thanks!

This is a pretty cool website, quite frankly. I've never really fit in with the nerd crowd due to my general attitude (just as I've never fit in with the meatheads due to my love of reading and knowledge in general), but I feel like I should have sufficient cred to hang with you guys now that I've attained at least reasonable proficiency in SQL, haha.

Haha. Interesting. I always did both simultaneously, so I never had that epiphany. It occurred to me, however, that people generally make their avatars look/act the way they see themselves, so it'd be cool to give them the ability to do that in real life. That's the premise of the book.

Carjack, good looking out on the link and thanks for the traffic!

Fitocracy was the one. Thanks!

This is a pretty cool website, quite frankly. I've never really fit in with the nerd crowd due to my general attitude (just as I've never fit in with the meatheads due to my love of reading and knowledge in general), but I feel like I should have sufficient cred to hang with you guys now that I've attained at least reasonable proficiency in SQL, haha.

We're working on OMFG here - it used to be 100% forum based but once it got too big we realized it needed to be developed better, so we're working on it behind the scenes now.

We actually have a lot of people here (myself included) who are big fans of your blog and no nonsense shut up and do it attitude. :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

@chaos -- you can totally hang with us any time. a lot of us are big fans of your blog. (myself included!)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter