Forums are back in action! ×

Rowan Respawns!

Oh lord.  Oh lordy lordy.

So I have been living with my parents these last five months, newly switched from a highly active food service job to a sedentary desk job, and switched from a city where I walked everywhere to a town where I drive everywhere.  I do not cook for myself.  I keep a bottle of bourbon in my underwear drawer and I fall asleep each night on my laptop binge watching netflix.  I have not submitted any fiction for publication since moving back in with my parents.  I have saved no money, and have ninety dollars in my bank account.  I am supposed to move out in January, and I have made no moves towards this goal.  I'm isolated, apathetic, and sedentary.  

I don't like this person, and the way she operates.  It's like I've gone offline and this weird dough slug person has taken over my life and is making all these bad life choices that keep piling up into a nice cozy offal nest to vegetate in.  It's time for a big fat respawn, if you ask me.  

So I'm taking a thirty day challenge, starting today.  I'll be doing the Neil Rey 30 days of HIIT, just to get my butt moving, and I will stop eating after dinner.  I will not buy another bottle to hide in my underwear drawer.  I will resume my previous practice of logging all my food.  I have too much writing on my plate to keep much of an elaborate thread or to do a full return to NF society, but I will lurk in the back and have a little battle log for daily check ins.

Too much?  Maybe.  We'll see.  But I desperately need to believe in myself right now, and I need to prove that I'm capable of keeping my word to myself.  I need to prove to myself that I'm capable of accomplishing the things I set out to do, without flaking or cutting corners or switching plans a couple of days in and never really committing to anything.  I want to lose five pounds of body fat in the next thirty days. 

I need this, and I'm ready to get in the ring, square myself, and make my comeback.

RESPAWN GO!

• Like 1

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Ok, this is really spooky. Your story parallels mine soooo much, even down to the fact that I sometimes go by the name Rowan while I'm online. I also write fiction, live with my parents, and had lead a sedentary life, until recently. My "bottle of bourbon" is video games and sweets. I just wanted to share all those interesting similarities with you, on the off-chance that it might feel validating to know that someone else is going through something very similar. I wish you luck on all your goals. I hope you find the rhythm that works for you! I know you'll get unstuck, somehow. :)

• Like 1

"I'm going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid," 

-Will Smith

Thanks, dude!  I just started a battle log, and I'm gonna try and set some hard hat goals for the next 30 days!  Best of luck to you as well, us parallel-life Rowans gotta stick together! 

• Like 1

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

The rez o' rowan. I'm cheering you on!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir